TRAID+

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
gillekes

TRAID+

Post by gillekes »

Hi all,

I read on there Terra Master website about TRAID +. (https://www.terra-master.com/global/traid)
I'm configuring a NAS T12-423 but under the raid settings TRAID + (protection for two discs) is not available. Only TRAID with protection for one disc is available.
Is this is a limitation of the model or is this feature not available yet?

Thanks

Gilles
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TRAID+

Post by TMroy »

TRAID+ is not ready to be released.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ftfx007

Re: TRAID+

Post by ftfx007 »

Hi Everyone :D

I have just bought a brand new TerraMaster F4-421 and spent a whole week and finally figured out how to upgrade it to TOS 5.1.40 and installed it with 3 x 12TB HDD.

But when I the setup TNAS, I want to select TRAID so I can get more Disk Space to use for my files. With 3 x 12TB, my total Disk space is 36TB and with TRAID I should be getting more disk space to use. But when I select TRAID, it says I can only use 24TB and have to set 12TB for redundancy.

Reading all this great feature about TRAID not wasting as much space as RAID5, surely with TRAID given that it's not RAID5, it doesn't need 12TB for redundancy. Can someone please help me find a way to Free up more disk space for my files ?

Return to “Developer Discussion Room”