HDHomerun isnt showing up on my Plex after updating to TOS 5

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
drakey83
United States of America

HDHomerun isnt showing up on my Plex after updating to TOS 5

Post by drakey83 »

Like the title says, ever since i updated to TOS 5 I can no longer see my HDHomerun through my Plex. Is there a setting that I need to enable to allow this to work? I am fairly new to NAS stuff and I feel like its an easy fix that I am just missing. Any help would be appreciated.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: HDHomerun isnt showing up on my Plex after updating to TOS 5

Post by TMzethar »

Please use the stable version of App Center if possible.
Please check if you have granted the permissions of the folder to the media user group.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

Hello, thanks for the responcese. Just to verify that you guys know what I am talking about the HDHomerun is a a TV tuner box that streams your local TV signal over your network and should be able to be seen by your Plex and incorperated in its "Live TV & DVR" feature. This used to work for me as intended before I updated from TOS 4.0 to TOS 5.0.

I have the latest version of Plex server that I have downloaded directly from Plex from here: https://www.plex.tv/media-server-downloads/

I have also made sure that I have granted the Media User group read/write access to the Plex folder.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-13 150749.png
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry, we don't know much about this. I don't know whether HDHomeRun's broadcast uses a common protocol or a protocol dedicated to HDHomeRun. I think you can refer to and compare the situation of the Plex version on the WIndows side.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

https://support.plex.tv/articles/225877347-live-tv-dvr/

This is what I am trying to do, the attached screen shot is the error I always get and the spinning circle never goes away indecationg that it found the HDHomerun on its own. I am also not able to find my NAS sing the TNAS software (not sure if this is related or can help narrow it down). The TNAS software can't see my NAS on any of the computers I have attempted to install it on (4) and I have to manually map the network drive in order to use it on my devices. This all used to work on TOS4 and it now does not on TOS5.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-07-14 133051.png
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

I don't know which hdhomerun you are using, but I noticed recent firmware updates (including yesterday, I think.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

I just tried the latest update, thanks for the heads up, and its still acting the same.

I have HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO Model HDHR5-2US .
Cosmo

Post by Cosmo »

I was getting the same problem the HDhomerun was not showing on the NAS, but would show up on the PC media server on the same network. So after trying many different things that failed? This finally worked for me. I had Link Aggregation enabled on my router, I unchecked and the HDhomerun finally appeared.

Return to “System Configuration”