TOS 5.1.40 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TOS 5.1.40 (X86) is Released for update

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}titanrx8

Even if you delete the volume and storage pool, the partition table information is still TOS4 (2GB system partition). You still need to delete the partitions on the hard disks, so that you can regenerate the new partition table when you install TOS5. (If there is data, please backup first)
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}fer_j_lop

This is a possible issue on 5.1.37, but it will not be fixed with the TOS update.
Repair method: Create shared folders with the same name as these two folders, and then delete these two shared folders at TOS-Control Panel-Shared Folders.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

StephenNaylor wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 06:32 "encrypted shared folders created on 5.1.37 cannot be decrypted in subsequent versions.
We recommend that you reinstall back to 5.1.37 and export the data from the encrypted shared folder. After updating to 5.1.40, you can continue to use the encrypted shared folder."

Shouldn't there be a very prominent warning note in the release notes for 5.1.40 about this!

i.e. don't upgrade to 5.1.40 if you have used encrypted folders created in version 5.137 (or below (assumption!)) and then providing advice about exporting data out of the encrypted folder before you do the upgrade.
We will add this important note. Thanks for your suggestion.
fer_j_lop

Post by fer_j_lop »

{L_BUTTON_AT}fer_j_lop
TMzethar wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 11:50 This is a possible issue on 5.1.37, but it will not be fixed with the TOS update. Repair method: Create shared folders with the same name as these two folders, and then delete these two shared folders.
Hello. Issue solved: - Open a SSH sesion. - MKDIR of both .deCompressDir_xxx and .update_xxx folders into Volume1 - Open "Control Panel" -> "Shared Folder" in TOS, both folders are shown. - Delete them using "Delete" option in the "Shared Folder" window. Thanks.
sybarix

Post by sybarix »

F2-221 updated from 5.1.37 with no issues. SMB still capped at 27MB/s though.
YoYoYo

Post by YoYoYo »

I confirm, the upgrade from 5.37 to 5.40 is fixing the automatic fan issue also if it is not mentioned in the release note.
Upgrade was fine with a F4-421 with 4x4tb ironwolf in Traid (8gb system partition).
SMB is working as expected for me, i do not use encrypted share folders.
Optimus22Prime

Post by Optimus22Prime »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Optimus22Prime
TMzethar wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 11:34 You need to confirm the TOS version and system partition size you are currently using. If you are using TOS4, it is recommended that you continue to use TOS4, because upgrading to TOS5.1 requires backing up data and completely resetting the hard disk.
I'm already at 5.1.37 with 8gb system partition, but thank you for the warning. BTW download page for U series updated now.
tommi2day
Germany

Post by tommi2day »

After successfully update to 5.1.40 Docker manager cannot be enable. It ends with "Operation failed". Any Ideas

Docker Manager Version is 1.1.99 2023-07-03

Thomas
main: T9-450
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}tommi2day

Please try to uninstall the application, restart the device, and then reinstall docker, or clear the browser's cache.
tommi2day
Germany

Post by tommi2day »

This i already did.

In the meantime i tried to find a reason, Unfortunaly there is no log entry at all. Take it as suggestion.

After steping in yor scripts and start it manually it complains about /var/run/docker.sock Looks like the update created a direcory here
start-stop-daemon --start --exec /Volume1/@apps/docker/dockerd/bin/dockerd --pidfile /var/run/docker-ssd.pid --make-pidfile -- --config-file=/Volume1/@apps/docker/conf/daemon.json
INFO[2023-07-06T17:07:56.759961418+02:00] Starting up
failed to load listeners: can't create unix socket /var/run/docker.sock: is a directory
[diskmaster@T9 ]# ls -l /var/run/docker.sock/
total 0
[diskmaster@T9 ]# rm -rf /var/run/docker.sock/
After removing /var/run/docker.sock i could enable Docker manger and now i am back on service
main: T9-450

Return to “Update Notice”