Super User created with wrong permissions (ToS 5.1)

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
Gremlin
Great Britain

Re: Super User created with wrong permissions (ToS 5.1)

Post by Gremlin »

I was going to reference the item in the TOS6 reference page that specifically mentions acl "improvements/changes" but that page was taken down last night sometime. Shame really, since it might have offered us "the poor users" an opportunity to discuss and/or offer beneficial opinions on the proposals. I guess that will be another "take it or leave it" system function now. :roll: :(
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
StephenNaylor

Post by StephenNaylor »

Can you expand on, "currently a slight issue with group permissions" and explain what those issues are?

What we are describing are not "slight" issues.

Also, why would user permissions take priority over group permissions? That sounds wrong.

When you set up a shared folder you say whether it is managed by User or Group Permissions so my expectation is that this is what sets what permission set takes priority.
TMeric
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMeric »

We have fixed these issues in TOS 6, and you can participate in our TOS 6 Insider Preview Program. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5339
StephenNaylor

Post by StephenNaylor »

TMeric, Thank you for your reply but I'm not really interesting on using test versions of your OS with my NAS.

Given that these are fundamental issues with user permissions, i.e. Group Permissions do not work, they need to be fixed in TOS 5 too. As you now seem to have a solution, will we be seeing these issues fixed in a TOS 5 update and if not why not?
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

TMeric wrote: 15 Nov 2023, 21:34 We have fixed these issues in TOS 6,
I am not yet convinced about that. There is precious little information concerning the "new" customisations and there are other things that need fixing anyway.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)

Return to “Privileges”