TNAS PC Stopped Finding Device - Please help!

TNAS PC for Windows and macOS, TNAS mobile for iOS and Android, and smart TV application and clients.
MissionAborted
Canada

TNAS PC Stopped Finding Device - Please help!

Post by MissionAborted »

Started to experience something weird over the last number of days - When I open TNAS PC (Windows 10) I get a message saying "No TNAS device was found, please check:"... I noticed this when I was trying to get my PS3 backups to load via PS3netsrv in Docker

The thing is that I can access my TNAS if I input the IP address in my browser, and I can access it via the mapped netword drive and this only appears to be happening on my Windows 10 PC. I have TNAS PC installed on my iMac as well, and my TNAS is found without issue.... it is just TNAS PC not picking it up on Windows 10.

I have tried the following:

- Ensured my TNAS is connected to the network and powered on (as suggested)
- Ensured the device and computer are within the same network segment (as suggested)
- Turned off my firewall and tried again (as suggested)
- My computer is not using more than one network card. (as suggested)
- Ensured TNAS PC (and all TNAS applications) are allowed in my firewall block list (Kaspersky)
- Deleted ps3netsrv container and uninstalled Docker
- Tried an update of TOS (4.2.41)
- Uniinstalled TNAS PC and reinstalled, ensuring the latest version
- Turned off and rebooted the TNAS and the computer
- Accessed TOS (4.2.41) via browser and checked settings to see if anything was wrong. The only thing I noted was that the time in the lower left of the TOS is running 8 minutes slower than the time on my windows close and the time in the Region & Language settings of TOS.
- Turned off my imac that has TNAS PC on it as well (iMac finds my F4-210 through TNAS PC (Mac) just fine.)

I am running a F4-210 with TOS 4.2.1 and TNAS PC 3.2.0.6.

Any help to get TNAS PC to recognize my F4-210 agian would be greatly appreciated.
Damserver

Re: TNAS PC Stopped Finding Device - Please help!

Post by Damserver »

Im having the same issue. Mine never worked I just installed the f4-210 friday night and when i went to install the software it never shown the nas. I can access everything from the web app but i can not map drives so i can move files from my pc to the nas. I have tried the chat to see if they can help me and they just send the link of the steps to follow, well I followed them steps and still cant get it to work. Also when on the chat it takes at least 20 minutes for them to even read or reply to every message. Is there any youtube or help videos that can show you how to fix this issue because its frustrating when I need to transfer a lot of files to my nas and i cant do anything
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: TNAS PC Stopped Finding Device - Please help!

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}MissionAborted
Judging from your description, this has nothing to do with the settings of TNAS. The problem is with the settings of Windows 10. What is your version of Windows 10? If you choose to open it by right-clicking "Start the application as an administrator", can you search for it?
If you still can’t find TNAS through TNAS PC, but want to map the network disk, you can use the system’s built-in method:
A. Access your TNAS by entering \\TNAS IP address into Windows File Explorer, login and then right click a shared folder in your TNAS and select "Map network drive" from the list.
B. Or find the SMB share device at Windows File Explorer > Network > Computer, login and then right click a shared folder in your TNAS and select "Map network drive" from the list.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Mobile Apps and Desktop Clients”