hard Disk raid D2-310

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
silvi89UD

hard Disk raid D2-310

Post by silvi89UD »

Hi!!!! I'm silvano from Italy! I want to buy a terra master D2-310 for music/video backup. I want to use RAID 1 configuration. My question is: can I buy at first time only one 20Tb HDD and set the RAID 1 configuration and save data on it and after buy the second HDD ( I have to format it, but is empty ) and launch the data copy from the first to the second HDD??? My question is because the 20Tb HDD is expensive and I want to buy at fist time the D2 and 1 HDD to reduce costs...
Thank you so much!!!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: hard Disk raid D2-310

Post by TMRyan »

When creating RAID1, at least two hard disks are required, so you can only create one single disk mode.
When you purchase the second disk, you can choose to do two single disk modes or back up the data and rebuild the RAID1 array.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
silvi89UD

Post by silvi89UD »

ok, but if I choose to backup data and rebuilt Raid 1, I have to save data in another disk and format the two HDD ( and set Raid 1) or I can just format the second HDD and set Raid1 ? thanks
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Sorry, your idea is good, but D2-210 can't do it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
silvi89UD

Post by silvi89UD »

Ahah, ok! 😫😫😫😫 thank you so much!!
kromo

Post by kromo »

You have to save data in another disk , set raid 1 on your d2-310 , he format itself the two HDD, and past the data with for example DirSync pro ( its free software).
I'm Wrong?????
first time i used mine i make it that way

Return to “USB Series”