NAS Unresponsive - Load 100%

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
pobotrol

NAS Unresponsive - Load 100%

Post by pobotrol »

Over the last two days my F5-221 on TOS 5.1 has entered periods where it becomes unresponsive. The LEDs for all the hard drives are going manic, and it's not possible to connect to the OS or to the file system remotely. So I've been had to perform a hard reboot to get back into it.
I've checked the system is cool enough, and the fans are working, but it keeps going into this unresponsive state. The CPU is generally running about 50% and 20% memory.
I just can't identify what the problem is. Can anyone give me any pointers on what to look for?
pobotrol

Re: NAS Unresponsive - Load 100%

Post by pobotrol »

Sorry, I should add after I'd rebooted it, it said Load 100% even though it wasn't maxing out CPU or memory.
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

Do you have a lot of photos and music files? Try turning off media indexing next time you log in. If it was in the middle of reading and creating an index, it seems to start over with the hard reboots.
pobotrol

Post by pobotrol »

Yes, there are a lot of media files, I'll try that, many thanks.
pobotrol

Post by pobotrol »

I'm still having a problem with the drives churning and everything becoming inaccessible.

Media Indexing was already switched off (although media indexing last run was within the last hour). I've removed all the media folders from media indexing, but nothing has changed, and the system still locks up with all the HDD LEDs going crazy.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The running media processes can only stop until you have a reboot.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pobotrol

Post by pobotrol »

I managed a standard reboot during a calm period, but it still hasn't resolved the issue. TOS is inaccessible as are the hard drives and they are still churning away doing something or other. :cry:
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

Maybe updating your TOS to version 5.1.37 can solve it, you can read the relevant release notes to see if you are eligible for the update.
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4733
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pobotrol

Post by pobotrol »

I wish I could. I've unplugged all the HDDs apart from the System drive. It rebooted and seems calm. I can access the file system from my Windows PC, but I still can't access TOS, either from a browser window or the TNAS PC App.

The browser window hasn't errored, it briefly says "Loading Please Wait" but it's just a blank page (TOS 5.1 and icon in the tab)
The TNAS PC app sees the device, but when I enter the login credentials it says "Configuring" and then hangs forever.

I think it's borked :-(
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please refer to this guideline.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)

Return to “System Resources”