TerraMaster Hyper Cache

More about TOS 5 new features and improvements. Note: this forum is not for bug report! If you want to report bug, please go to the correct forum.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: TerraMaster Hyper Cache

Post by TMroy »

Create multiple volumes, and create multiple hyper caches, assign your hyper caches to each volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TreyD

Post by TreyD »

TMroy wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 13:03 Create multiple volumes, and create multiple hyper caches, assign your hyper caches to each volume.

It states read write mode will write from ssd cache to hard drive at a later time. What determines when it will be written to the hard drive?
ElPabloMaximo

Post by ElPabloMaximo »

Is there a limit to only one cache per device? I have a pair of 2TB NVME in raid 1 on which I create a 100GB read/write cache for Volume3. After this I can not make any additional cache for other volumes, the option just remains greyed out.
T12-450
TRAID Pool 1 - 4x4TB HDD
TRAID Pool 2 - 4x6TB HDD + 4x8TB HDD
TRAID Pool 3 - 2x2TB NVME

https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-tippit-56496b17/
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

ElPabloMaximo wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 20:04 Is there a limit to only one cache per device? I have a pair of 2TB NVME in raid 1 on which I create a 100GB read/write cache for Volume3. After this I can not make any additional cache for other volumes, the option just remains greyed out.
I suspect that to fulfil the "multiple hyper cache" you would need multiple sets of SSD (either single or raid). This implies multiple drive bay installation and ssd drives in the bays as well as the available nvme slots.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Yes, one SSD can only be used to cache for one volume.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
ElPabloMaximo

Post by ElPabloMaximo »

That is a pretty bad limitation. I think I am going to return this unit and by another Synology which does not have that limitation or any of the many other problems I have experienced in the past 4 days of ownership.
  • LAG group does not work
  • RSYNC server keeps going offline
  • Scheduled Task does do not execute, the tasks disappear until the system is rebooted, and adding an email for notification does not work.
  • Problems mounting remote folders.
  • Poor performance of the management interface.
  • Overview just stops displaying information until the system is rebooted

It's pretty disappointing for a $1700 appliance :(
T12-450
TRAID Pool 1 - 4x4TB HDD

TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

When LAG group doesn't work you can go to the TOS control panel>Network>Interface >to see the total bandwidth, you can also check if the aggregation works by downloading the file on both computers at the same time.
Can we get details of the issues you are having with Rsync servers and scheduled tasks? We will try our best to solve your problems.
If you cannot mount the remote folder properly, you can check whether the mount permission of the remote folder is set to allow.
Overview modules have a small probability of not displaying information,we are working on it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}ElPabloMaximo

Hi, please do not post irrelevant content under the topic. If you cannot find a suitable topic to post your question, please start a new topic yourself.
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
ElPabloMaximo

Post by ElPabloMaximo »

@TMRyan

When LAG group does not work you can't really connect to the TOS management interface, but as TMzethar said I will take this to another thread.
ElPabloMaximo

Post by ElPabloMaximo »

@TMRoy

I guess my expectation was that I would be able to create a hypercache out of a mirrored pair of NVME and carve that pool up amongst more than one volume as I can with other appliances. Not that I can ONLY use the mirrored set for ONLY one volume.
T12-450
TRAID Pool 1 - 4x4TB HDD

Return to “Know More About TOS 5”