TOS 5.1.37 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
Ottavio
Italy

Re: TOS 5.1.37 (X86) is Released for update

Post by Ottavio »

It is a shameful thing that an operating system cannot update itself automatically. Add that with every update there are problems, but this time you have outdone yourself. It is not possible that to update I have to start from the beginning, formatting the disks. I will never buy Terramaster products again.

E' una cosa vergognosa che un sistema operativo non possa aggiornarsi in automatico. Aggiungi che ad ogni aggiornamento ci sono dei problemi, ma questa volta avete superato voi stessi. Non è possibile che per aggiornare debbo ripartire dall'inizio, formattando i dischi. Non comprero mai più prodotti Terramaster.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Ottavio

While I agree with your sentiment, it is also understandable that auto-update is currently not available given the potential for failure. I would never want to update the system automatically anyway. What is more shameful is Terramaster's inability/refusal to explain why the problem(s) exists or how they are planning to provide a proper solution. Nor will they answer direct questions.

[I did manage to update my system without following the TM advice as an experiment, since I had nothing to lose! I achieved an 8Gb system partition in the process without losing data. I have posted about it, but TM Support have ignored it. Because of TM's ignoring this, I have no idea of knowing if it was a fluke or is a viable solution universally or in limited circumstances only.]
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
NivekRC

Post by NivekRC »

Hello to all,

I want to try to install the new version on my F2-221 currently under version 4.2.40.
But I don't find the overview information to see my root space, I have not this button on the System Info part.

Could someone help me to find the information ?

Kind regards,
Attachments
SysInfo.png
SysInfo.png (17.96 KiB) Viewed 1057 times
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Ottavio
Gremlin wrote: 13 Jun 2023, 17:56 While I agree with your sentiment, it is also understandable that auto-update is currently not available given the potential for failure. I would never want to update the system automatically anyway. What is more shameful is Terramaster's inability/refusal to explain why the problem(s) exists or how they are planning to provide a proper solution. Nor will they answer direct questions. [I did manage to update my system without following the TM advice as an experiment, since I had nothing to lose! I achieved an 8Gb system partition in the process without losing data. I have posted about it, but TM Support have ignored it. Because of TM's ignoring this, I have no idea of knowing if it was a fluke or is a viable solution universally or in limited circumstances only.]
Can you post a tutorial on how you got it to work for you? I am with you with how I really dont have anything to lose.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}drakey83
Read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655&start=40 I am no 'guru' although I started with BSD and SCO Unix back in the '80s and linux was a stranger until this year. So, draw your own conclusions and good luck.
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}drakey83

To reiterate I used an installation package (.ins) NOT the update package (*.bz2)
gaz2k1uk
Great Britain

Post by gaz2k1uk »

Just to say I have always been quick to jump on and say how shit the software is, but after a clean install and upgrading the system partition to 8gb and restoring the data it has been trouble free so far. Currently at 19 days update with no issues :D
Setup:
System: F2-422
HD: x2 IronWolf 6TB (RAID 0)
Notes: 8GB System Partition!

Backup:
USB COPY: Seagate 8GB External Expansion HDD
liammcmullan

Forever to install an app

Post by liammcmullan »

HI

I am currently on 5.1.37-00031 on a F2-423. Uptime is 2 days

My system partition is 99.9% 7.00/7.41(GB)

Load is 43.8%, CPU 38.5% and RAM 13/20GB 65.8%

and I am trying to install Docker Manager, but for the last 4 hours it is at 99.9% Installed. Is this normal ? My NAS uptime is only 2 days and all I have installed so far on it is Clam AV and VirtualBox with nothing running.

Any thoughts, and dont say delete and reinstall, I have been down that road all too often with this NAS, on how I can rectify this? Or is it normal for an app to take hours to install ??

Liam
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMLyy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}liammcmullan
There is a system compatibility issue with the Docker Manager in version TOS 5.1.37. Please wait for the next system update package or the next new version of the Docker application.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sports_wook

Post by sports_wook »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMLyy

When can we expect a fix for this?

Return to “Update Notice”