Time Mismatch

The brand-new USB Copy not only provides common backup features, in order to realize offline backup and defend against threats from external networks, TerraMaster engineers have also additionally developed the USB auto-hide feature.
gaz2k1uk

Time Mismatch

Post by gaz2k1uk »

Version 2.0.152: The scheduled specified time and the "Next Run" time do not match. I have had to adjust the scheduled time in the hope the next run time is the correct one.
Setup:
System: F2-422
HD: x2 6GB IronWolf 6TB (RAID 0)
Notes: 8GB System Partition!

Backup:
USB COPY: Seagate 8GB External Expansion HDD
sianderson
Great Britain

Re: Time Mismatch

Post by sianderson »

let me guess they are about 8 hours out? if so TM have been well aware of this for a number of years but seem to be unable to fix it

although me pointing out the fact that china (where TM are based) is 8 hours ahead of UTC they do not seem to be able understand the correlation to the fact the mismatch is 8 hours out also

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=755

first raised in 2020 !! but still no fix for it in 2023
F2-210

gaz2k1uk

Post by gaz2k1uk »

sianderson wrote: 19 May 2023, 20:44 let me guess they are about 8 hours out? if so TM have been well aware of this for a number of years but seem to be unable to fix it

although me pointing out the fact that china (where TM are based) is 8 hours ahead of UTC they do not seem to be able understand the correlation to the fact the mismatch is 8 hours out also

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=755

Think it's 7 hours out, but still matches your 2020 post. Is the scheduled time correct as in if I set for midnight, does it run at midnight?
Setup:
System: F2-422
HD: x2 6GB IronWolf 6TB (RAID 0)
Notes: 8GB System Partition!

Backup:
USB COPY: Seagate 8GB External Expansion HDD
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMRyan »

Did you choose to synchronize TNAS time with the browser? We will reanalyze this issue.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

gaz2k1uk wrote: 19 May 2023, 21:44
sianderson wrote: 19 May 2023, 20:44 let me guess they are about 8 hours out? if so TM have been well aware of this for a number of years but seem to be unable to fix it

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=755

Think it's 7 hours out, but still matches your 2020 post. Is the scheduled time correct as in if I set for midnight, does it run at midnight?
sorry yes because we are in BST at the moment (UTC + 1) the difference is 7 hours, until we get to october when we move back to UTC and then it becomes 8 hours out

@TMRyan, the Desktop shows the correct time in the bottom left and is showing IST time so the NAS drive is in the correct time zone, its just USB copy that is reporting the wrong time
F2-210

sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

gaz2k1uk wrote: 19 May 2023, 21:44 Is the scheduled time correct as in if I set for midnight, does it run at midnight?
sorry yes i have mine set for midnight and it does work at midnight, my USB drive isnt the quietest so i can hear it spin up at the right times) its just the log datetimes that are wrong (can clearly prove this as if you check the log at 05:00 for example, it will show the log in the future as it think it did it at 07:00 which is impossible) etc
F2-210

TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The execution time of the application's scheduled tasks is based on the system time and does not take into account the time zone. If the execution time is incorrect, you need to check whether there are other reasons. Make sure your system time is correctly set.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

TMroy wrote: 20 May 2023, 18:06 The execution time of the application's scheduled tasks is based on the system time and does not take into account the time zone. If the execution time is incorrect, you need to check whether there are other reasons. Make sure your system time is correctly set.
the SYSTEM TIME is correct

the scheduled task kicks off at MIDNIGHT as it was programmed to, but it reports it ran at 7am (which is DID NOT)
the time is set correctly it is 13:25
Capture.GIF
the time on the NAS drive is set CORRECTLY as this is what the time is in the UK (The fact the backup does indeed take place at MIDNIGHT UK time means it is CORRECT)
Capture1.GIF
Capture1.GIF (7.89 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
what is NOT CORRECT is the log is claiming it took 7 hours to perform the backup when in reality it took 2 seconds as it should be reporting 00:00:02 NOT 07:00:02

would you also like to comment on how this is possible (perhaps with time travel) that it can complete the backup before it has even started it !!!
what this really should be saying is that it started at 00:25:01 and finished at 00:26:05
Capture2.GIF
Capture2.GIF (4.6 KiB) Viewed 2091 times
USB COPY IS REPORTING THE WRONG START TIME, it really is quite simple, its a CODE error with the application that no one at TM seems to want to acknowledge exists, if it was a setting issue then surely the end time would also be reporting the wrong time but it is reporting the CORRECT END TIME
F2-210

TMnorah
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMnorah »

Look at your task configuration information, you have set up a scheduled task, please check whether you have set the execution frequency to 7 hours, if yes, the first backup will be executed from 00:00, and the next execution time will be at 7 hours.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

TMnorah wrote: 21 May 2023, 14:16 Look at your task configuration information, you have set up a scheduled task, please check whether you have set the execution frequency to 7 hours, if yes, the first backup will be executed from 00:00, and the next execution time will be at 7 hours.
you can clearly see it says EVERYDAY in the screen shot so no it is not set for 7 hours infact you can not set a frequency so if you believe you can do this then please tell me how? you can only select every day or to back up on a specific day and what time, nothing about frequency
Capture3.GIF
Capture3.GIF (15.96 KiB) Viewed 2070 times
F2-210

Return to “USB Copy”