Even if the account password is correct, the TNAS IP cannot be modified through the TNAS PC?(Can't access after I moved)

Network connection, configuration, remote access
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Even if the account password is correct, the TNAS IP cannot be modified through the TNAS PC?(Can't access after I moved)

Post by TMzethar »

Phenomenon
This phenomenon generally occurs after moving, changing routers, changing workplaces, or changing service providers.

Applicable models
All TNAS models

Applicable TOS version
unlimited

Failure Cause Analysis
The IP network segment of your new router or new setting may be different from the previous IP network segment, and you have previously set the IP of TNAS to static IP in the format of the previous IP network segment, so you cannot modify the IP.

Solution
1. Connect your TNAS directly to your computer.
2. Change the IP address of your computer network to the format of the previous IP network segment.
(The number indicating the network segment is the second-to-last number in the IP)
3. Then you can log into TNAS and change the static IP to automatic DHCP in the TOS control panel.
4. Put the TNAS back under the router and change the IP address of the computer back to the original state or select "Obtain automatically".
5. Now you can modify the IP and access the TNAS through the TNAS PC.
6. Then go to the TOS control panel to set the TNAS IP to a new static IP.
(Of course this means that if you change the network environment again, you need to perform these steps again.
So a more ideal way is, TNAS is set to DHCP, but the router will assign a static IP, which requires you to enter your router control panel.If you don’t know how to set it, you can consult the router manufacturer).
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
kuyhaago

Re: Even if the account password is correct, the TNAS IP cannot be modified through the TNAS PC?

Post by kuyhaago »

This phenomenon you described commonly occurs after certain changes, such as moving, changing routers, workplaces, or service providers. It affects all TNAS models and TOS versions. The cause of the failure lies in the difference between the IP network segment of the new router or settings and the previous IP network segment to which the TNAS was configured with a static IP.

To resolve this issue, you can follow the steps below:

Connect your TNAS directly to your computer.
Change the IP address of your computer's network to match the format of the previous IP network segment. The network segment number is usually the second-to-last number in the IP address.
Once the IP address of your computer is updated, you can log into the TNAS and change the TNAS's IP setting from static IP to automatic DHCP in the TOS control panel.
Place the TNAS back under the router and restore the IP address of your computer to its original state or select "Obtain automatically" if it was set to static IP.
Now you should be able to modify the IP address of the TNAS and access it through the TNAS PC.
Access the TOS control panel and set a new static IP address for the TNAS.
Please note that if you change the network environment again in the future, you may need to repeat these steps. Alternatively, you can set the TNAS to use DHCP, but configure your router to assign a static IP for the TNAS. This approach requires accessing your router's control panel. If you're unsure about how to set it, you can reach out to the manufacturer of your router for guidance.

By following these steps, you should be able to resolve the IP-related issues with your TNAS and regain access to it in the new network environment.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Even if the account password is correct, the TNAS IP cannot be modified through the TNAS PC?

Post by TMroy »

Thank you! Your version is more detailed and easier to understand.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
PaulB

Re: Even if the account password is correct, the TNAS IP cannot be modified through the TNAS PC?(Can't access after I mo

Post by PaulB »

I have a similar but different problem.

My F2-221 is working fine on my network. I can see all my shares and the backups are working.
I just cannot login to the server? I get an invalid user or password error every time. The user name and password are correct.

TNASPC sees the F2-221 andshows the correct IP address, with the MAC Address and Status is Ready WOL is disabled.
I'm currently copying the live folders to my backup disc and will then try a reboot.
Questions
1:If I remove the discs and reboot and reinstall the firmware. Can i then just reinsert the drives and they will be OK?
2:I cant recall the disk setup, I have two 2TB drives installed and have a 3TB backup USB drive, so presume I have some reduncancy in the drives, so is the data copied to both drives in parallel and either one would have the data OK?
3: If I shut down the TNAS and eject the drives, can I mount them on a Windows PC with a USB SATA interface card to read and check the contents?
4: I presume the TNAS has corrupted the user name and password somehow. Is there a way to have more than one admin account that can be used if the first one becomes corrupted?

any pointers or suggstions appreciated.

Paul
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Even if the account password is correct, the TNAS IP cannot be modified through the TNAS PC?(Can't access after I mo

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}PaulB
From your description, the device is still available, and the problem should be in the system or hard disk. 1. Yes, you can, please refer to: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423(Method2) 2. I don't fully understand your description, but I guess you want to say that the two disks are RAID1? Under normal circumstances, if the two disks are healthy and there is no abnormal operation, the contents of the two disks (RAID1) should be consistent. 3. Yes, you need to use some hard disk tools that can read EXT4/BTRFS. 4. You can do this, but I guess it's too late now because you don't have access anymore?
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Gosh, Forgot that I hadn't responded to this.
I fixed the problem by shutting down the server, waiting for 20 minutes and then rebooting. Allowing time for it to settle down ( it did some indexing etc, it was fine and works fine .

I have had some issues recently (last couple of days in Jan 2024) with login from another PC on my network. the webinterface password page keeps showing me a verification code entry window with 4 numbers that are really hard to read. Entering the numbers gives a verification code error (confirmed in the system log when i finally managed to login).

My solution was to click on the verification code till it showed some numbers that were clear and easy to read. Entering them resolved the problem and i was able to login.

Return to “Networking”