Bug ? - Sorting on Share folder columns only affecting currently displayed list

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
StephenNaylor

Bug ? - Sorting on Share folder columns only affecting currently displayed list

Post by StephenNaylor »

This is in ToS 5.1.33, in the Control Panel > Shared Folder application.

The issue is that the sort functionality on the name field is only affecting the items that are on-screen.

To reproduce...

1. Create a list of shared folders that is more than 1 screen long. i.e. more than 10 folders with the default view.
2. Add a new folder, i.e. aaNew. It will be added to the end of the list (The list seems to default to sorting by order entered).
3. Click on the "name" entry at the top of the list. The list of 10 folders that was previously displayed is now sorted by name but aaNew will not be shown in the list. Rather than re-sort all the shared folders by "Name" it is only sorting the ones that were already on-screen.
4. To prove how it is working I then change the list size from 10 to 20 at the bottom of the screen. Now before I sort, aaNew is shown at the bottom of the list. After I sort by name it moves to the right place in the list.

Not sure if this is by design but I would expect the whole list to be sorted and then the top 10 items displayed rather than just sorting the existing top 10 items.

Return to “Storage”