TOS 5.1.34 (X86) is Released for Update

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
SquarePeg
Wales

Re: TOS 5.1.34 (X86) is Released for update

Post by SquarePeg »

lichkingxxl wrote: 10 May 2023, 01:48 Definitely my tnas is broken, the reinstallation has not worked, I suspect that there is no more space in the partition and my tnas does not respond. Tnas Pc detects it as "unknown", I have managed to open an SSH session but I don't know how to proceed anymore.

Could someone from the Technical Team tell me how to fix it?
It sounds like you have the problem documented here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655 so you would need to reinstall as detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423&start=100
lichkingxxl

Post by lichkingxxl »

SquarePeg wrote: 10 May 2023, 02:04
lichkingxxl wrote: 10 May 2023, 01:48 Definitely my tnas is broken, the reinstallation has not worked, I suspect that there is no more space in the partition and my tnas does not respond. Tnas Pc detects it as "unknown", I have managed to open an SSH session but I don't know how to proceed anymore.

It sounds like you have the problem documented here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=4655 so you would need to reinstall as detailed here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423&start=100
Method 1 is impossible because i cant log in TNAS

I try Method 2 several times and dont work, in the 5th step login initialization page is always in loading circle
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

lichkingxxl wrote: 10 May 2023, 02:09

I try Method 2 several times and dont work, in the 5th step login initialization page is always in loading circle
Do you know the IP address for your NAS? If so try going to https://<yourNASip>:8181/bootloader in your web browser, don't use Firefox though, for some reason only Chrome will show me that page.
lichkingxxl

Post by lichkingxxl »

SquarePeg wrote: 10 May 2023, 02:14

Do you know the IP address for your NAS? If so try going to https://<yourNASip>:8181/bootloader in your web browser, don't use Firefox though, for some reason only Chrome will show me that page.

I have done it several times as you say, but when I load at bootloader TOS 5.0.176 at the end, the system reboots, and the NAS becomes undetectable by TNAS PC again.

And so it happens to me again and again and again... I just want to access my drives and make a backup copy
SquarePeg
Wales

Post by SquarePeg »

lichkingxxl wrote: 10 May 2023, 02:33
SquarePeg wrote: 10 May 2023, 02:14

I have done it several times as you say, but when I load at bootloader TOS 5.0.176 at the end, the system reboots, and the NAS becomes undetectable by TNAS PC again.

And so it happens to me again and again and again... I just want to access my drives and make a backup copy
I'm afraid I can't help you then, you would need to speak to @TMSupport
lichkingxxl

Post by lichkingxxl »

Now, after reinstall 5.0.176 all my disks are in red led
SunDogBC

Post by SunDogBC »

The last few updates went nice and smooth but this one required a reinstall.
On the plus side, I've done it enough times now that it's pretty much become a formality. ;)

F2-221
lichkingxxl

Post by lichkingxxl »

What is the best way to do a complete fresh installation to have the 8Gb in the "/" partition?

Has anyone ever done this?

Could someone make a mini guide to explain how to do it?
drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

SunDogBC wrote: 11 May 2023, 02:50 The last few updates went nice and smooth but this one required a reinstall.
On the plus side, I've done it enough times now that it's pretty much become a formality. ;)

F2-221
Same
quella

Post by quella »

Found something that may be of concern to some here that are security focused. If others can attempt to reproduce it on their systems, we may be able to get this issue corrected in a future release. I'm unsure if this issue is only in this firmware release or not.

This morning I stumbled upon TNOS permitting someone (unauthenticated) access to all files even when they do not have the proper file/folder permissions (authentication/authorization) set on the files or folder. I have a folder configured to deny all users and groups except for one user who stores videos, audio, and photos. If I launch the VLC application on Mac or iOS and select the Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) option from the left menus, I see my NAS listed. When I double-click on the device in VLC, it opens with a directory tree and displays all files for all my users across all volumes. Even with UPnP disabled in the GUI on the NAS itself under Discovery Service, VLC walks all the folders and exposes the files on the NAS regardless of permissions. I was even able to play some videos and open pictures from users who's files should be only accessed by themselves and not others. I will try to test this with other tools on iTV or other UPnP systems to see if this is unique to VLC or others as well.

I would be happy to be proven wrong and it is some odd configuration that is enabled causing this. However, I did go back and confirmed my settings and permissions and then retested and it continued to work. Thoughts?

Return to “Update Notice”