Hard Drive overheating

CPU, memory, fan, process, services status, system log, tempreture
VormacRin

Hard Drive overheating

Post by VormacRin »

Hi,

I am getting mail notifications from my F4-423 that my HDDs are overheating. Unfortunately this seems to happen around 02:00 in the morning and I am not awake to check as it happens. It has happened twice now and I want to make sure nothing is wrong. I know I can turn up the fans, which are set to auto right now. However, I like to know what my tech is doing rather than just teat the symptoms

I can't find any details on which HDDs are overheating or what is causing it. I have nothing scheduled to run at that time.

Is there a more verbose log as to what is going on, or a setting I need to turn on to make the logs more detailed?

Thanks.
TMtina
TerraMaster Team

Re: Hard Drive overheating

Post by TMtina »

Hello, are you reading and writing to the hard disk? This will increase the temperature of the hard disk, you can adjust the fan operation mode to "full speed" mode!
VormacRin

Re: Hard Drive overheating

Post by VormacRin »

TMtina wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 19:26 Hello, are you reading and writing to the hard disk? This will increase the temperature of the hard disk, you can adjust the fan operation mode to "full speed" mode!
No I am not doing any Reads or writes, at least that I am aware of. As I mentioned I know I can up the fan speed, but I want to know what is going on at 02:00 in the morning to make the HDD over heat, not just up the fan speed.

Can the logs give me this information?

Return to “System Resources”