F2-221 - frequently no access on start-up

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
dscnly

F2-221 - frequently no access on start-up

Post by dscnly »

Hello

I hope someone can help with this, suggest what might be going on. On powering on the box about 60% of the time I then have no access to it. In TNAS PC (Version 3.2.0.6) the device is visible but if I select the Login option for it there then eventually the browser responds "This site can’t be reached192.168.xxxx.xxx took too long to respond". Equally, the mapped drive responds with "An error occurred reconnecting to...". I can see the box is listed with its static IP address in the devices on the LAN, and the IP address is the same as that being reported by TNAS PC. If I power the box down, and restart it then there is chance that it will work normally and there will not be any problems.

The only thing I have perhaps changed recently is that I had to unplug and move the box, and I am not sure that I plugged the network cable back into the same port on the back. But the fact that it sometimes works fine, and normally doesn't, makes me think that is not the problem. Equally, the intermittent problem makes me think it is not a firewall issue, as I assume it would never work. I have nothing in the firewall logs to suggest it's blocking traffic to or from the box's IP.

My biggest fear with this is that one day the 'off and on again' solution stops working and I have lose all access. I'm just now on the third restart for today and still no access.

Thanks.
Don
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: F2-221 - frequently no access on start-up

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}dscnly
It is likely that there is a malfunction somewhere. We suggest that you collect a log report and create a sharing link, and provide it to us through the customer service window or technical support email on the official website homepage. We will do some simple analysis.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
dscnly

Re: F2-221 - frequently no access on start-up

Post by dscnly »

Thanks for the reply. I will see what I can find and share in the log files.
Don

Return to “Network & Remote Access”