WebDav Not Working

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
AdrianK

WebDav Not Working

Post by AdrianK »

Hi. I have F2-210, running TOS 4.2.41-. I can't get WebDav over HTTPS to work. I am familiar with WebDav; I use it to map the home folder for a website I manage on a third party shared webhosting server to a drive letter in Windows File Explorer. The syntax is https://example.com:port/homefolder.
a. Can someone confirm, please, that the WebDav service is fully implemented in this version of TOS?
b. I've enabled WebDav. I've created a user with read/write WebDav permissions in a shared folder ('test') with read/write WebDav permissions. I've port forwarded 474 to my F2-210. Neither https://<public-IP-address>:474/test or https://<domain-name>:474/test works.
c.What else do I need to do, please?
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: WebDav Not Working

Post by TMRyan »

Not all file management supports WebDAV by default.
You can try checking if your system's WebClient service is enabled or using other software such as RaiDrive.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
AdrianK

Post by AdrianK »

Where might I find a UI element, to enable 'WebClient' service, in TOS 4.2.41- on an F2-210?
AdrianK

Post by AdrianK »

What is 'RaiDrive'? It does not appear to be an app available in TOS 4.2.41- on an F2-210.
AdrianK

Post by AdrianK »

TOS 4.2.41- on an F2-210 appears to offer the WebDav service.
AdrianK

Post by AdrianK »

Further internet research indicates the reference to 'WebClient' refers to a Windows service. It is running - as should have been obvious from my stating that I can successfully map a drive letter to the home folder on a website I manage on a WebDav-enabled third-party shared webhosting service.
I also now understand 'RaiDrive' is a third-party WebDav client; I have already tried using CarotDav to connect, it doesn't work.
It is becoming increasingly clear to me that the WebDav service in F2-210/TOS 4.2.41- is not properly implemented, and I'm wasting my time trying to get it to work.
AdrianK

Post by AdrianK »

I have 'resolved' my problem by returning the device to Amazon, and intend to buy an Asustor AS1102T instead (for an extra £5). It seems a better device, with much better support. Needless to say, I investigated the Asustor device's capabilities/help files in great detail this time to avoid more time-wasting, and (tho' it is now too late) from information gleaned I suspect the problem might have been that I needed to enable the webserver function in addition to the WebDav service. It was not obvious that might be necessary, and, logically, if you enable WebDav, you'd think the webserver would be enabled automatically as a result. And, note that this as a possible solution was not offered by TM representatives in answer to my query. I suggest it here in case it might help others.

Return to “File Services”