Trying to revive a TNAS F2-210 drive

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
techconfigheadache

Trying to revive a TNAS F2-210 drive

Post by techconfigheadache »

I have a TNAS F2-210 drive that is at least six years old, and it hasn't been actively used in over two years. I have login credentials for one user on the drive, but this user account doesn't appear to have admin privileges (there is no Control Panel in the TNAS PC interface).

I no longer know what the admin password is. Is there a way to completely reinitialize the device? I don't care about data that is on the drives in the device. I just want to get the device and drives into a newly working state, and then to update it to newer version of the TNAS OS - It's currently on version 3.
crisisacting

Re: Trying to revive a TNAS F2-210 drive

Post by crisisacting »

Method 2 @ viewtopic.php?f=76&t=423

However you likely need to update your initboot first @ viewtopic.php?f=76&t=647
techconfigheadache

I followed that "method 2" suggestion. It starts the initialization fine, but when it's doing the installation, it gets partway through before I get this error: "Installing has TOS failed! Please restart TNAS and try again". I tried installation packages for version 5.0.127 and version 4.2.40. I get the same error with both.

Any suggestions about getting past this problem?
TMSupport
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMSupport »

F2-210 does not support TOS 5, you need to download the correct installation package.
Please update the kernel before installing.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
techconfigheadache

Sorry - I thought my drive was F2-210, but it is actually F2-220. Is TOS 5.0.176 the latest version compatible with TNAS F2-220?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Depend on what is your previous TOS version. As you said, you own this device for over 6 years, which could be a very old system. So you can't directly update or install the system to the latest version, you need to do it stay by stay.
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1064
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
techconfigheadache

It was on a version of TOS 3. I was able to do a new installation of TOS 4.2.17 (specifically, 4.2.17-2110301149). With this version, I cannot get applications to install onto the device.

Will this product (TNAS F2-220) work if I do a new installation of TOS 5.1.24? That seems to be the latest version shown on the terra-master.com downloads page.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}techconfigheadache
You can try, but not necessarily succeed, because we can't know the specific reasons that affect your application installation. Be sure to read the instructions carefully. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4327
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)

Return to “Initialization”