Active Directory showing "NO Data!"

Permissions, Users, Uear groups, shared folders, LDAP/domain
pointone

Active Directory showing "NO Data!"

Post by pointone »

Thoroughly disappointed by this device. Bought it to replace a failing in-house NAS box and it started off really well. :?

I wanted to have most users authenticated via our Windows Domain and the connection to this initially was quite seamless. So I finished copying 3TB of data from our old box to the Terramaster and put it into service. Without any warning or issue everybody lost access to all shares. I went to the domain (spelt wrong) section of the config and it said "Connected", but when I clicked "Update Domain Data" all users disappear and I get "NO Data!" (Attached) FFS...

Luckily I made a config backup, so I restored that... All my users appeared again (as though they were cached in the backup file) but still no access to any shares - I tried "Update Domain Data" again, and they all disappeared with the same message as above!

I have tried disconnecting from the domain and manually rejoining and this just fails with an error message.
I'm now stuck with a device that nobody can access.

I would just sack off all the permissions and allow anonymous access to all the shares but apparently this isn't an option, unless anyone can tell me otherwise?? (I have given read/write access to "guest", etc) but they are still prompted to enter a credential and no creds work.

Other than the above, the PPTP VPN implementation doesn't appear to be great either with no connecti0on possible TO the NAS device FROM the VPN subnet. It doesn't ping or respond in anyway. I could add some static routes in its Linux OS I suppose, but that defeats the object.

If anybody can help with either of the first two points, I would be grateful.

Thanks
Nick
Attachments
Terra.PNG
TMwuu
TerraMaster Team

Re: Active Directory showing "NO Data!"

Post by TMwuu »

{L_BUTTON_AT}pointone

Please try restarting TNAS and rejoining the domain. Or I suggest you to install TOS5.0 system, the function of the domain will be more complete and more stable.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
pointone

Post by pointone »

Thanks.

The description of the upgrade to v5 doesnt sound very appealing at all....
You said that the data "should" be ok, but we should take a backup just in case. I have spent the last 48 hours moving data TO the new NAS and I dont fancy copying it all back...
rfc1920

Post by rfc1920 »

I know it was a month ago. But, if you're having trouble rejoining the domain after having joined already:
1. Search for the computer account in AD. If found, right-click and reset the password.
2. If not found, create the account in advance, matching the name of the device.

In my case, after a restart my domain join info had been lost and I had trouble rejoining. Creating the computer account prior to joining fixed it for me.

Return to “Privileges”