Can't set the boot sequence in Bios, but only boot from the TOS disk?

About TNAS hardware
Pepito139

Re: Can't set the boot sequence in Bios, but only boot from the TOS disk?

Post by Pepito139 »

Hello the Team,

First, thank you for giving us that opportunity. I bought an F2-423 and I wanted to do this operation.

Unfortunately, I am not able to perform step 11: when trying to go into DmiEditEfi64 directory, the shell respond that directory does not exist. When I do an ls, it only shows the EFI directory... But when I check it on my laptop, I see both...

How can I finalise the operation? What can explain that the directory is not visible?

Thank
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Pepito139
Can you provide a picture of this situation? Perhaps you can check the previous operation to see if any steps have been missed.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Pepito139

Post by Pepito139 »

[at=TMzethar post_id=30494 time=1697796904 user_id=2405][/at]

While trying to take the picture I realized that I was able to change boot order and the bios version was i deed updated (i did not do anything else since then).

I think it worked

sksg

Post by sksg »

Storage wrote: 19 Oct 2023, 21:40 Hi I just bought a F4-423 last week and I wanted to install a Debian based system on it and ran into this boot problem described here.
I think I already have a newer BIOS installed on my device.
I’m getting on the boot screen this message:
TVI1509X V03 A1 BIOS Date: 06/24(2022 13:37:41
And in the BIOS itself I get in the Main-Tab:
Core Version 5.19
Project Version T1509BH1
Build Date and Time 06/24/2022 13:37:41
So, without flashing the BIOS from above, I applied the command

Code: Select all

AMIDEEFIx64.EFI /SP 000-F4423-NT140-0001
, but I do not have the “TOS Boot First” option in the BIOS.
Is it safe to flash the BIOS from above which is an T1509BG0. And I have an T1509BH1 which sounds newer to me.
I made the same observation, but on the CN version of the forum, there is an answer to the same question: https://forum.terra-master.com/cn/viewt ... 496#p17784

So, I upgraded my T1509BH1 firmware to T1509BG0, and it had the desired effect.

HTH!
chapter13

Post by chapter13 »

{L_BUTTON_AT}crisisacting

And can we please have the version for the T6/9/12-450 also?
I feel like we shouldn't have to request these files like this, everytime...
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}chapter13
Not an employee of Terra-Master. Request it from one of these members: memberlist.php?mode=team
Toblerone

Post by Toblerone »

[at=TMzethar post_id=24535 time=1676151623 user_id=2405][/at]

Thanks for the detailed BIOS-updating instructions.

Could you please provide the latest known-working BIOS package for the T6-423? :)

The version I am running shows up as:
American Megatrends International, LLC., Version 5.19
BIOS dated: Mon 6 Feb 2023 12:00:00 AM PST

There are many of us who use TerraMaster products with an alternate OS (not TOS). It would be extremely helpful to have current (and past) BIOS versions available for download on the TerraMaster website.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Toblerone
The topic post has provided BIOS packages that can be used for updates. There are currently no newer ones available.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
oemb1905

Post by oemb1905 »

For those not wanting to tinker with the BIOS, you can alternately create a refind liveUSB stick and the bios will boot that which will in turn boot whatever alternate OS you have installed. This does, of course, require sacrificing a USB port on the back for this purpose. This is no issue for me since my T6-423 is a headless server.
Toblerone

Post by Toblerone »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Toblerone
TMzethar wrote: 01 Jan 2024, 13:10 The topic post has provided BIOS packages that can be used for updates. There are currently no newer ones available.
OK, please allow me to rephrase what I was really trying to communicate. I already saw the package that "the topic post has provided". Thanks for confirming that there were no newer BIOS files available as of 31 Dec 23. How about right now?? Other hardware manufacturers offer all versions of their BIOS files, available to freely/easily find and download through a Support page for their motherboards. Why can't/won't TerraMaster setup a BIOS download page their customers? Having to formally ask (every time we want to check the currency of our firmware/BIOS files) is a royal pain-in-the-ass.

Return to “Hardware”