How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

New system installation, system re-install
Gamalon

Re: How to reinstall TOS for your TNAS?

Post by Gamalon »

TMroy wrote: 12 May 2020, 14:02 Applicable model: All TNAS models

If you totally forget your username and password, or your TNAS encounters a failure and needs to reinstall the TOS, please refer to the following guidelines:

Method 1:
If your TOS system is still working, you are able to visit the TOS pages.

1. Log in to TOS and go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore;

control panel.png

2. Tick "Backup system configuration" to back up your system configuration;

backup config.png

3. Go to TOS Desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Restore to Factory Default;

restore factory default.png

4. Tick "Restore to factory default", and then click "Apply"; your system will be erased, but the data on the hard drives will not be deleted;
5. Refresh the browser page, and follow the guide on the page to install a new TOS;
6. If the page refresh fails, please use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device; Then select the device and click "Login"; Follow the web page to install the new TOS;
7. After the system installation is complete, log in to TOS and go to TOS desktop> Control Panel> General Settings> Update and Restore> Backup and Restore to restore your backed up system configuration.
restore config.png
Note: Reinstalling the system normally will only resets the configuration and permissions but does not delete the data on the hard disks if they have been on the device before. BUT to prevent accidents, it is recommended to backup your data before reinstalling if conditions are sufficient. If you have any questions when operating the above steps, please contact us in time.
After installation-auto restart-setting the initial account password, if it prompts to create a storage pool or initialize raid, please stop the operation immediately and contact our support team to assist you remotely.

Method 2:
If your TOS system encounters a malfunction and cannot work properly.

1. Turn off your TNAS device;
2. Remove all hard drives;
3. Turn on your TNAS;
4. Wait about two minutes, after the network light is on, use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
5. Select the device and click "Login" to the "Initialization" page;
6. Insert your hard drives;
7. Follow the instructions on the web page to install the new TOS system.

Download the latest TOS installation package

Note: Reinstalling the system normally will only resets the configuration and permissions but does not delete the data on the hard disks if they have been on the device before. BUT to prevent accidents, it is recommended to backup your data before reinstalling if conditions are sufficient. If you have any questions when operating the above steps, please contact us in time.
After installation-auto restart-setting the initial account password, if it prompts to create a storage pool or initialize raid, please stop the operation immediately and contact our support team to assist you remotely.
Method 2 is not possible over 10GbE! You should tell it here :)
Akihiko

Post by Akihiko »

Hi all
I have the same issue about many users here, my model is : F4-220, all worked good until one day when TOS PC goes offline.
If I try to enter in the interface it says me 3 errors:
Warning: include_once(include/app.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/www/Enter.php on line 2

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'include/app.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:') in /usr/www/Enter.php on line 2

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'raid' not found in /usr/www/Enter.php:4 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /usr/www/Enter.php on line 4

I don’t know how solve this issue , I tried method 2 but , when I try to reinstall all the system says me that can’t access to the network to download the version , I tried also manually with the program that I downloaded from the site but nothing… the installation arrive to 55% and failed.
How can I fix it ?
Thanks
jhdscript

Post by jhdscript »

After a fresh install on F4-210 (only one new drive, fully working) i cannot access to 8181

I try

root@TNAS-A6A5:/etc/nginx# service nginx start
2023/07/12 17:01:00 error when getting key of section "system": key "domain" not exists
Illegal instruction

Someone can help me because i dont know how to reinstall (I have only one drive)

Thanx for the help
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}jhdscript

Can you tell me which step of the instruction guide on the first page has you wondering?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
manutede

Post by manutede »

:D
TMroy wrote: 12 May 2020, 14:02
Method 2:

4. Wait about two minutes, after the network light is on, use TNAS PC to search for your TNAS device;
TNAS device not found. I have a F2-221 with TOS 5.1.24. If i turn on my device with all hard drives inserted TNAS PC can find it.

I need to restore the NAS after the "user doesn't exist" bug.
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

{L_BUTTON_AT}manutede
Your post does really not give any clarity: Is the network light "on"?
If i turn on my device with all hard drives inserted TNAS PC can find it
:Did you really mean that? in which case what is problem? I would guess, in first instance, if network light is 'on', all drives inserted (and working) and NOT found by TNAS PC then possibly the NAS has aquired an ip address that is not on your network segment. Can you check network via your router client/device table? Or other means? (If you don't understand that, ignore it.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
Chelya

Post by Chelya »

Hello.

Yesterday I got "user does n't exist" bug, so as I understand, I need to reinstall TOS.
As of now, I don't have access to TNAS via Web browser and mobile app. Otherwise I have access through Samba (network disks connect and work just fine as usual), ssh (also work fine). Plex server is running and accessible from PC and TV in network.

As I understand, after reinstall all data on RAID should be safe (and I just don't have any sufficient disk space available to backup it from TNAS, so I just can't follow recommendation to backup data), but system files and databases will be deleted.

So the question. Is it possible to somehow copy (via SSH) Plex mediainfo databases before reinstall? My Plex database for some specific reasons was largely manually made (posters uploaded manually, description wrote manually etc.), it took some time and work and I would like to keep it some way if it's possible and not to re-do it again.
F5-221 | 5.1.40-00005
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Chelya
You can try to log in to SSH. If you can log in to SSH successfully, you can use Linux commands to copy the Plex library file to the volume directory or USB device. (TOS4:/mnt/md0/User/plex TOS5:/Volume1/Plex) viewtopic.php?f=78&t=2350
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
lincsat

Post by lincsat »

I seem to be having a similar issue to others trying to do a software update from the GUI. It gets as far as "unzipping the software package" and hangs at that. I have the F4-422 and am trying to update from 4.2.40 and have tried both 5.0.176 and 5.1.24 update packages from the download page
titanrx8

Post by titanrx8 »

lincsat wrote: 04 Oct 2023, 03:38 I seem to be having a similar issue to others trying to do a software update from the GUI. It gets as far as "unzipping the software package" and hangs at that. I have the F4-422 and am trying to update from 4.2.40 and have tried both 5.0.176 and 5.1.24 update packages from the download page
Did you increase the size of your root partition from 2gb to 8gb before updating TOS?

Return to “Initialization & installation”