Brand new F4-423 no power

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
sweeney

Brand new F4-423 no power

Post by sweeney »

I just received a new in the box F4-423. I loaded up the hard drives, plugged in the power and network cables, pressed the power button and nothing. The power supply has a green light on it. I notice that when I plug the power supply in the fans spin once and then stop. I read another post where it was suggested to disassemble the unit and remove the CMOS battery and then replace it. I've done that put the unit still does not power on. When I disassembled the unit a small jumper fell off the motherboard. I'd like to put that back on, but I can't find a reference to show where it would go. Any help would be appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Brand new F4-423 no power

Post by TMroy »

Did you install any new memory to your device? And what kind of jumper? would you show it with a photo?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sweeney

Post by sweeney »

I plan to install additional memory and an mvne drive but I haven't yet.

I've attached an image of the type of jumper that fell off.
Attachments
jumpers.jpg
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sweeney
Hereby I confirm that the jumper is the reason why your device is not able to power on. This jumper may fall during transportation. Now you need to plug this jumper into its original position. You can find the instruction in the following pictures.
f4423pcba.jpeg
jumperlocation.png
We are so sorry for such an issue, as compensation, we would like to offer an extra 3 months warranty extension for your device. Please write an email to our service team and attach this post, tell them your device S/N, name and email. Thank you! You can find our service team contact from my signature.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
sweeney

Post by sweeney »

The missing jumper needed to go on the CLR_CMOS1 pins. It is working now.

Thank you.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}sweeney

I am glad the issue is gone. Did you write an email to our service team?

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”