Unable to initialize F4-423

Initialization of newly purchased TNAS or re-installation of your TNAS
mproberts

Unable to initialize F4-423

Post by mproberts »

Hello,

I recently purchased a F4-423. While waiting on some larger drives, I installed a smaller drive to get a feel of the system. That seemed to work ok, but now after removing the smaller test HDD and installing the new (Seagate Ironwolf ST8000VN004 - on compatibility list) drive and going through the set up, I get stuck initialization screens.
Screenshot 2022-09-03 070449.png
I enter the super user information and click next and then I get the warning screen that all of the data on the drives are going to be deleted.
warning.png
warning.png (15.81 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
I click next, but the screen goes back to the screen where you enter the super user information. I've tried changing the user name and password, thinking that maybe it didn't like that info, but to no avail.

Suggestions for a way forward?
TWlhq
TerraMaster Team

Re: Unable to initialize F4-423

Post by TWlhq »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mproberts

What is the version of TOS system you have installed?
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

This is the second report of such an issue, there must be something with the system. We will verify it soon and release a new update to fix it.
Do you mind having a remote session to check the issue? May I know which exactly TOS version you are installing now?
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mproberts

Post by mproberts »

I have 2 options when I start the initialization of the NAS.

The default button appears to download TOS from the internet and install it. If I select custom, it prompts me for an image file. I downloaded the 5.0.158 TOS Installation Package from your webpage and selected that file.

Both the default and custom install gives me the same results.

I don't mind having a remote session, but the system doesn't let me get past the entering info for the super user screen.

Mike
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

{L_BUTTON_AT}mproberts
The issue has been verified. We will fix it in the next release. The temporary solution is to reinstall 5.0.158 with the "Custom" mode, before you do this, you need to clean your browser cache. Instruction of reinstallation Download the TOS 5.0.158 installation package After the installation, you can update the system from 5.0.158 to 5.0.163
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
mproberts

Post by mproberts »

That worked.

I was able to make it past the super user entry page.

Testing the box and TOS 5.0 now to see how stable it is and decide on whether I'll replace the USB drive and load unRAID or return the box.

Thanks for the assistance.

Return to “Initialization”