SSD Compatibility List (will be continuously updated)

Hardware compatibility like hard drive, SSD, memory module, Wi-Fi adapter.
dandrewm

Re: SSD Compatibility List (will be continuously updated)

Post by dandrewm »

crisisacting wrote: 19 Nov 2023, 15:29 Really don't understand why so many of you are wasting high-speed, high-throughput NVMe drives like the Samsung 970/980/990 series in these NAS devices that is limited to PCIe3×1.

There are so many other NVMe drives that'll work, operate at a lower temperature and fulfill being a hypercache.
Thanks for this. Acknowledging what you're saying. For cache purposes above what level does it cease adding value?

For SSD purposes, can anyone clarify that the Crucial 2TB ones are recognised by the system?

Lastly, just wondering why some of hte NVME drives in the official compabitility list are "not recommended"? Is it because they overheat?
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

dandrewm wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 11:24 For cache purposes above what level does it cease adding value?

For SSD purposes, can anyone clarify that the Crucial 2TB ones are recognised by the system?
To be able to use the full 2 TB, you'll need to increase the RAM on the TNAS to at least 16 GB based on this thread/post.

If Crucial is the brand you'd want to buy, the P2 is the drive to go with if you can locate it new, as anything released afterwards would be wasted on these TNAS devices with their PCIe ×1 connection.
dandrewm wrote: 24 Dec 2023, 11:24Lastly, just wondering why some of the NVME drives in the official compatibility list are "not recommended"? Is it because they overheat?
It's a combination of that and many newer drives have integrated heatsinks which will not fit into the constricted location within the SOHO TNAS devices (the T Series TNAS devices have more space if you have one of those units).
darkside501st

Post by darkside501st »

TMroy wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 14:50 Due to the large number of SSD brands and models on the market, it is difficult for users to choose the correct model. At the same time, it is difficult for TerraMaster to collect all models for verification testing. The following are the SSD brands and models that have been officially tested and verified to work on TNAS. We hope it will help you when choosing an SSD.

In addition, we also call on everyone to provide the brands and models that you have used and proved to be compatible. We will gradually update the information provided by you to the list in order to provide references and help for other users. thank you all!
I just installed TOS on a new WD_BLACK SN850 NVMe M.2 SSD with Heatsink - 500GB for my F4-424 Pro. It is working fine.

I know the M.2 slots only have Gen3x1 speeds (1 Gig) but it was on sale at a price that was better than lesser versions so I thought I might as well pick it up. I was going to try and partition it and set up Raid on the partitions but I didn't get that option when installing TOS. I will be using the NVMe drive to run the OS and Docker Apps and reserving the HDDs for the actual data being backed up. I am hoping it will help the apps run a bit better from the SSD and maybe help a little with Plex Media Server.
Darionby

Post by Darionby »

Tell me what the maximum height of the SSD radiator should be in order to close the case without problems.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Darionby
Thickness ≤3mm
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Darionby

Post by Darionby »

{L_BUTTON_AT}TMzethar
For the t6 423 model there were recommendations for this radiator, its height is almost 10mm https://www.amazon.com/Heatsink-Support ... 407&sr=8-9 I have f4 423. Based on the recommendation, for t6 423, take this Jonsbo M.2-3 SSD radiator. Are you sure it won't fit in size (9.6mm)?
Gremlin
Great Britain

Post by Gremlin »

There is always this:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXNH4MNL/re ... F0aWM&th=1

But I'm not sure if it would do any good. In either case, sufficient good airflow would be an improvement.
F5-221 5.1.123, 8GB System Partition on 3 x 4TB Traid; 3TB EXT4
F2-221 TOS6 (Beta), 8GB System Partition on 2 x 6TB in Traid. (Latest Update 11/04/24)
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}Gremlin
That URL should have just been

Code: Select all

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BXNH4MNL
Just post until the end of the ASIN (B×××), as after that is giving somebody else a referral:

ref=sspa_dk_detail_4
along with identifying information for web scraping:

?pd_rd_i=B0BXNH4MNL&pd_rd_w=Rm6OD&content-id=amzn1.sym.a53ea610-e450-44d1-897e-68c0c718bf50&pf_rd_p=a53ea610-e450-44d1-897e-68c0c718bf50&pf_rd_r=YYXDQHKFCJHSJY489GHB&pd_rd_wg=uw9MU&pd_rd_r=ea5d7ae6-7ea6-47e8-9b92-ea4547df3f6f&s=pc&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWxfdGhlbWF0aWM&th=1
iamlaurentp

Post by iamlaurentp »

F4-423 + TOS 5.1.123
2 x Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz 16GB
2 x Silicon Power PCIe M.2 NVMe SSD 512GB Gen3

Installation went smooth.

Tomorrow I will install 2 drives Seagate Exos 12TB
iamlaurentp

Post by iamlaurentp »

Exos 12Tb installed in TRaid. Took 18h to build the raid.
Works without any issue at all.

Return to “Compatibility”