TOS 5 and F2-210

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
pipa89
Spain

Re: TOS 5 and F2-210

Post by pipa89 »

I bring up the topic since I very recently bought an f2 210, poor me for having done so and not having informed me before that they have left it behind... Very nice of Terramaster and I am very disappointed in them...
Has there been any way to port another system to be able to use this product more coherently? All the best.
jr960508

Post by jr960508 »

Yeah same, if they are going to stop supporting a device they should just stop seeling it altogether, I got one on black friday and was thinking of installing something like XigmaNAS on it to have a better OS but this is not the possible on this piece of s**t and the proprietary OS is not going to be updated anymore, guess I will never buy a new device from this company ever again
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

{L_BUTTON_AT}jr960508
Terra-Master haven't stopped supporting it; if there are applicable patches/bugfixes, they release updates for it after testing, but on TOS 4.2.×; there hasn't been an official end of life statement as of yet. All NAS devices based on the RealTek RTD129× SoC are stuck on Linux 4.× kernel; Terra-Master asking with Asustor, QNAP, Synology and others have all been impacted by RealTek choosing to discontinue support/development. If you are still somehow within the return policy for your 210 purchase, send it back & purchase something that better fits your "requirements".

Return to “System Update”