[ KernelModules ] Kernel module USB drivers

Discussion on apps, protocols, APIs, specifications, and more. You are welcome to join us as a TOS app developer!
outkastm

Re: [ KernelModules ] Kernel module USB drivers

Post by outkastm »

Sorry, can't help with this, I'm not using VirtualBox
matteoveglia
Great Britain

Re: [ KernelModules ] Kernel module USB drivers

Post by matteoveglia »

psznt wrote: 14 Feb 2024, 02:09 Hi - I'm trying to add a Sonoff ZBDongle-E to my Terra-Master T6-423. I installed Kernal Module, but don't know which .ko modules to enable for it. Also, once I enable them, where will I see the USB? Thanks for the help
I see you've sorted this now by enabling the cp210x driver (which also worked for me), though I think the issue you're having with VirtualBox is more to do with the version TOS is using - which I hear is fixed in TOS v6.

That being said, I ran the kernel module list through Gemini and got this explanation of all the modules in the config list.

Code: Select all

Bluetooth Drivers

btbcm.ko: Handles Broadcom Bluetooth chipsets.
btintel.ko: Controls Intel Bluetooth devices.
btrtl.ko: Provides support for Realtek Bluetooth devices.
hci_uart.ko: Implements the core HCI (Host Controller Interface) protocol over a serial UART connection. This is the fundamental protocol for Bluetooth communication.
hci_vhci.ko: A virtual HCI driver, often used for testing or communication between virtual machines and the host's Bluetooth hardware.
bcm203x.ko: Likely a more specialized driver for older Broadcom Bluetooth chips.
Class Drivers

usblp.ko: Enables communication with printers over a USB connection (USB printer class).
cdc_acm.ko: Provides an interface to devices that use the CDC-ACM (Communications Device Class - Abstract Control Model). This is used with a wide variety of modems and serial devices over USB.
USB Serial Drivers

ch341.ko: Driver for CH341 USB-to-Serial converter chips (commonly found in inexpensive adapters).
cp210x.ko: Supports Silicon Labs CP210x family of USB-to-Serial converter chips.
pl2303.ko: Driver for Prolific PL2303 USB-to-Serial adapters.
ftdi_sio.ko: Driver for FTDI's USB-to-Serial ICs.
f81232.ko, f81534.ko: These appear to be more specialized USB serial drivers, potentially for specific devices.
garmin_gps.ko: Enables connectivity to Garmin GPS devices over USB.
ipw.ko: Likely related to USB over IP (Internet Protocol), allowing remote access to USB devices over a network.
ir-usb.ko: Provides support for infrared (IrDA) devices connected over a USB port.
mxuport.ko: Potentially related to a specific device, vendor information would help clarify.
navman.ko: Support for older Navman GPS devices.
option.ko: Handles cellular modems using the "Option" USB interface.
oti6858.ko: Another specialized driver for a specific device.
qcserial.ko: Supports Qualcomm USB-based serial devices.
sierra.ko: Provides support for Sierra Wireless cellular modems.
spcp8x5.ko: Driver for Sunplus SPCP8x5 USB-to-Serial bridge controllers.
symbolserial.ko: Handles Zebra (formerly Symbol Technologies) barcode scanners and similar devices over USB.
ti_usb_3410_5052.ko: A Texas Instruments USB-to-serial driver.
usb_debug.ko: Primarily used for debugging USB-related issues.
usb-serial-simple.ko: A very basic, generic USB serial driver for less common devices.
usb_wwan.ko: Provides support for WWAN (Wireless Wide Area Network) cellular modems using USB connection.

Return to “Developer Discussion Room”