iDrive Client please?

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
JimH

Re: iDrive Client please?

Post by JimH »

ddl wrote: 19 Dec 2023, 23:00 any progress with the iDrive client?
Same question from me! :?
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

add anther one from about idrive, ive just recommended TM nas drive at work and this would be perfect if it supported IDrive, rather than going from one of our servers to read the data across to the nas drive to back it up
F2-210

loki81

Post by loki81 »

another vote for this feature
AnthNAS
United States of America

Post by AnthNAS »

Another vote for an IDrive client. Otherwise, I’m jumping ship to Unraid.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

iDrive is a commercial project, not an open source project. The iDrive client needs to be developed and adapted by iDrive. There are workarounds, unless you want to use iDrive's package through the command line or run it in a Docker container.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
SetuaSutli

Post by SetuaSutli »

Absolutely! You're right on the money about an iDrive client app. Relying on mapped drives for backup can be clunky, especially when it comes to features like syncing deleted files.

It's frustrating that there's no client app for the F4-210 specifically, especially considering iDrive offers them for other NAS devices. I hear you about wanting to stick with iDrive since you have a lot of data on it already. Switching services can be a real hassle.

On the bright side, you've pointed out some good alternatives! Maybe checking out the native Linux scripts for iDrive (https://www.idrive.com/online-backup-linux) could be a good option.

Thanks for sharing those links! They might be just what someone else using an F4-210 with iDrive needs.

In the meantime, I'll keep my fingers crossed that iDrive releases a client app for the F4-210 in the future.

Return to “New Features Wanted”