Wake on Lan on TOS 4.2.8 - F2-221

Language, region, time zone, power, navigation, notification and more.
LucioBT

Wake on Lan on TOS 4.2.8 - F2-221

Post by LucioBT »

Hi. I’m new to Terramaster’s TNAS, F2-221 is my first one. I read that WOL has been removed and reintegrated since the 4.2 TOS version, but I can’t find a way to wake my nas. I’m on 4.2.8 version, the Pc utility reports “WOL: N/A”.
My nas has static ip 192.168.1.3.
I would know if there’s something wrong with my machine, since I also can’t go in the power management preferences panel.
Thanks!
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Wake on Lan on TOS 4.2.8 - F2-221

Post by TMRyan »

Hi,
Is the TOS language you use Italian? We are working on fixing this issue. You can temporarily switch to another language to use this feature.
The TNAS PC reports "WOL: N/A" is because a previous function has been cancelled. There is no problem with your machine.

Applicable models
F2-221, F2-421,
F4-221, F4-421,
F5-221, F5-225, F5-421, F5-422,
F8-421, F8-422

Turn on the WOL function in Bios:
1. Connect the HDMI port of the TNAS device to the HDMI port of the display through an HDMI cable.
2. Connect a USB keyboard to the USB port of the TNAS.
3. Turn on the TNAS and keep pressing the ESC or DEL key on the keyboard to enter the BIOS mode.
4. Select Advanced>Power Mangaement Features>Wake On Lan, and change the status of Wake On Lan from Disable to Enable.

TOS system turns on Wake-on-LAN
Log in to TOS, go to Control Panel>Hardware and Power>Power>Wake on LAN, check and apply to enable Wake on LAN function

Download and use WakeMeOnLan software
Windows system
1. Download the third-party software WakeMeOnLan, download link:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wake_on_l ... nloadLinks
2. Select the searched TNAS IP address in the LAN, and click File>Wake Up Selected Computers to wake up.
3. When the device cannot be found in the Internet environment or LAN, click File>Add New Computer, enter the IP Address (or DDNS host name), MAC address, and then select File>Wake Up Selected Computers to wake up.

Linux system
The Linux system uses the wol command to enter the IP address (or DDNS hostname) and MAC address corresponding to the TNAS to wake up. An example is as follows:
wol -i 10.18.8.112 5E:e4:D5:s2:35:21

If you want to use a mobile phone to wake on LAN, please go to Wake On Lan official website to download the software and try to wake on LAN.

Precautions:
1. This function is only supported in TOS4.2.04 and above.
2. Only LAN1 network interface supports Wake-on-LAN function.
3. The Wake-on-LAN function will only take effect after the TNAS is shut down normally (press the power button or click shutdown on the TOS interface).
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
LucioBT

Re: Wake on Lan on TOS 4.2.8 - F2-221

Post by LucioBT »

Thanks TMRyan, switching to English language solved the issue :)

Return to “System Configuration”