OS 7: Unable to change user home directory to Volume2 & Asymmetric LACP Speeds - F2-424
Posted: 09 Oct 2026, 14:58
Dear TerraMaster Support Team,
I am experiencing two issues with my TerraMaster F2-424 running TOS 7.
Issue 1: Unable to change user home directory from Volume1 (NVMe) to Volume2 (HDD)
I am trying to back up my desktop computer to the NAS, but the backup software automatically routes to the user's home directory on Volume1. Because Volume1 is a 1TB NVMe drive, it is filling up quickly. I need my user home directory (/homes) to reside on Volume2 (10TB HDD) instead.
I attempted to change the primary volume via Control Panel > Privileges > Shared Folder > Advanced > Restore to, but this option is completely missing from the TOS 7 interface, and homes does not appear in the Shared Folder list. I also tried manually creating the /Volume2/homes directory via SSH, but TOS 7 does not recognize it as a valid shared folder, and the TNAS Desktop App's backup service does not allow selecting this directory.
Issue 2: Asymmetric LACP Network Speeds
My network is configured with Active LACP 802.3ad. I am experiencing inconsistent transfer speeds. When uploading to the NAS, I achieve full 2.5Gbps speed. However, when downloading from the NAS, I am only getting 110 MB/s.
System Information:
Model: TerraMaster F2-424
OS: TOS 7
Volume 1: 1TB NVMe (System/Apps)
Volume 2: 10TB HDD (Data)
Network: Active LACP 802.3ad
Request:
Please provide an official solution to change the default location of user home directories from /Volume1/homes to /Volume2/homes in TOS 7 so it is recognized by the system and backup services.
Please advise on the correct switch-side configuration or TOS settings needed to resolve the asymmetric LACP speed issue.
Thank you for your assistance.
I am experiencing two issues with my TerraMaster F2-424 running TOS 7.
Issue 1: Unable to change user home directory from Volume1 (NVMe) to Volume2 (HDD)
I am trying to back up my desktop computer to the NAS, but the backup software automatically routes to the user's home directory on Volume1. Because Volume1 is a 1TB NVMe drive, it is filling up quickly. I need my user home directory (/homes) to reside on Volume2 (10TB HDD) instead.
I attempted to change the primary volume via Control Panel > Privileges > Shared Folder > Advanced > Restore to, but this option is completely missing from the TOS 7 interface, and homes does not appear in the Shared Folder list. I also tried manually creating the /Volume2/homes directory via SSH, but TOS 7 does not recognize it as a valid shared folder, and the TNAS Desktop App's backup service does not allow selecting this directory.
Issue 2: Asymmetric LACP Network Speeds
My network is configured with Active LACP 802.3ad. I am experiencing inconsistent transfer speeds. When uploading to the NAS, I achieve full 2.5Gbps speed. However, when downloading from the NAS, I am only getting 110 MB/s.
System Information:
Model: TerraMaster F2-424
OS: TOS 7
Volume 1: 1TB NVMe (System/Apps)
Volume 2: 10TB HDD (Data)
Network: Active LACP 802.3ad
Request:
Please provide an official solution to change the default location of user home directories from /Volume1/homes to /Volume2/homes in TOS 7 so it is recognized by the system and backup services.
Please advise on the correct switch-side configuration or TOS settings needed to resolve the asymmetric LACP speed issue.
Thank you for your assistance.