[Help] Stopped fans
Posted: 01 Oct 2026, 18:42
Good morning.
I have a D4-300 unit connected to an F6-424 running TOS7. When the drives enter sleep mode, the D4's fans stop, yet the device continues to generate heat; I read in another post on this forum that this is normal. However, that post states the following:
"3. The D4-320 is equipped with a smart, temperature-controlled fan, and its rotation speed is managed via multiple temperature monitoring points within the device."
My hard drives are at 56°C (according to the "Disk Health Guardian" app), the casing is quite hot, and the fans are stopped.
Is there a way to configure the fans to run continuously?
Thanks.
I have a D4-300 unit connected to an F6-424 running TOS7. When the drives enter sleep mode, the D4's fans stop, yet the device continues to generate heat; I read in another post on this forum that this is normal. However, that post states the following:
"3. The D4-320 is equipped with a smart, temperature-controlled fan, and its rotation speed is managed via multiple temperature monitoring points within the device."
My hard drives are at 56°C (according to the "Disk Health Guardian" app), the casing is quite hot, and the fans are stopped.
Is there a way to configure the fans to run continuously?
Thanks.
