Page 1 of 1

[Help] F4-424 Pro won't power on. PSU pulsing

Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 20:15
by gigglypuff
Hi All,

Does anyone else have this same issue with the F4-424 Pro?

This was a 10 month old F4-424 Pro, running TOS7, that was working perfectly until one day, it started doing the persistent "Beepbeepbeepbeep...". My HDDs were two 10 month old Seagate Ironwolf Pros, so I didn't think they would have failed so quickly. I tried doing a reboot, but it wouldn't power on.

So I took out my HDDs, and tried to Factory Reset using the motherboard button. Still wouldn't power on. The PSU light was green, but makes a pulse "dim, BRIGHT, dim, BRIGHT" (pulsing as opposed to blinking "on, off, on, off"). I unplugged everything and sent [email protected] an email (still waiting for reply).

Next day, I found a thread here that recommended removing the motherboard coin battery and shorting the terminal before factory resetting it. The PSU light was solid green this time (before I connected it to the NAS). I plugged it in, and the NAS powered on with no drive on it. I was able to find it with TNAS PC and start the initialisation process. I decided to reboot the NAS with the HDDs in to see if it would boot from HDDs, but the NAS wouldn't power on again. And the PSU light starts pulsing again.

I'm beginning to suspect this is a PSU issue.

The PSU is the original one that came in the box with the F4-424: EDAC EA10951F-120 (12v, 90W).

Has anyone else had this problem before? How long does Terramaster Support take to respond?

Re: [Help] F4-424 Pro won't power on. PSU pulsing

Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 04:02
by TMzethar
Hi,
Apologize for the delay.
We have reviewed the video you sent to our support email and confirmed the issues you mentioned: the adapter’s LED is flashing, and the NAS won’t power on.
If you’re certain the power outlet is working properly, we can conclude with reasonable certainty that the power adapter is faulty. Please contact the retailer where you purchased the product to request after-sales service.

Re: [Help] F4-424 Pro won't power on. PSU pulsing

Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 08:47
by gigglypuff
Thanks for replying quick, TMzethar.

I bought it off the Amazon Terramaster store. When I contact Amazon, they directed me to the Terramaster support page. I've emailed TM service anyway. Hopefully can get the PSU replaced.

Re: [Help] F4-424 Pro won't power on. PSU pulsing

Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 12:02
by EriChan
gigglypuff wrote: ↑29 Sep 2026, 08:47
Since you purchased the device from the official Amazon TerraMaster store, we will assist you with arranging a power adapter replacement.Please send the following information to our technical support email:
  • Amazon order number along with a screenshot of your purchase receipt/invoice
  • Serial Number (SN) of your F4-424 Pro (found on the label sticker on the bottom of the unit)
  • Shipping information: Recipient name, phone number, and full delivery address
Once we receive your details, a representative will reach out to process your replacement. Thank you for your cooperation and patience!

Re: [Help] F4-424 Pro won't power on. PSU pulsing  [SOLVED]

Posted: 04 Oct 2026, 12:34
by gigglypuff
Just an update if anyone has the same issue.

TM Support paid for an ALITOVE 12v 8A 96W PSU 5.5x2.5mm plug from Amazon AU which has been working well with the NAS. The plug is 2mm longer (so there is an exposed metal bit when fully plugged in) than the original TM PSU.

The NAS not powering on when PSU has pulsing green light can be solved by unplugging the NAS from power supply, removing the CMOS battery, shorting the terminals and waiting for the PSU to discharge fully. I think the initial event may be from improper shut down of the NAS from PSU failure causing the HDDs to be corrupted, which caused a lot of problems when trying to reinitialise everything. I did everything recommended on the other posts on this forum. In the end I had to factory reset, erase my two HDDs with a Windows PC (plug into SATA and using cmdprompt diskpart), update to the newest BIOS V08 and do a fresh install of TOS 7 for everything to work again.

When reinitialising, I found downloading the newest TOS7 bootloader and the TO7 install file onto the PC first to be the most reliable. Otherwise, it occasionally will stall and you have to restart.
Also to note, when TOS says a "drive has failed" or "failed to initialise, check disk", it doesn't mean you have to throw away the HDD and buy a new one. If physically the drive's health is normal, it means something is corrupted. So reformatting may save it.

TM support was also very quick and helpful. Thank you. 8-)