Page 1 of 1

[Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 24 Aug 2026, 01:17
by yxyx999
Hi all,

i am using a Terramaster F8 with TOS7 as the primary device, and an Unifi NAS for Backups. While I would like to stick with the Terramaster BBS Tools, I am running into the issue, that I cannot use the Double Backup App for Backups to the Unifi NAS.

Unifi provides an RSync service with rsync over SSH. When I run

Code: Select all

rsync -e ssh [User Name]@[IP]::
in the Terminal on the Terramaster, I can view every folder on the Unifi NAS; however, when I configure credentials in the Double Backup App, no destination folder appears.

Also, I noticed it reports a successful connection no matter which IP, port, or username I enter; however, when I use the standard Backup App with the Rsync Server via SSH on port 22—as noted in the Unifi Settings—it indicates a connection failure.

Maybe someone here uses a similar setup, but I would like to avoid using over tools through docker for this.

Re: [Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 24 Aug 2026, 11:00
by CursaYang
Image

Please refer to the image to export the Duple Backup logs and debug logs. Then send them to our technical support email at support(at)terra-master.com. We will analyze the logs.

Re: [Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 29 Aug 2026, 02:13
by yxyx999
CursaYang wrote: ↑24 Aug 2026, 11:00 Image

Please refer to the image to export the Duple Backup logs and debug logs. Then send them to our technical support email at support(at)terra-master.com. We will analyze the logs.
Hi CursaYang, thanks for getting back to me! I’ve sent the log over and I’ll be sure to let you know if anything else comes up.

Re: [Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 29 Aug 2026, 09:40
by TMjack
Once our engineers receive your logs, they will analyze them as soon as possible. We will notify you of the results by email immediately once the analysis is complete.

Re: [Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 29 Aug 2026, 09:55
by TMroy
Currently Douple Backup does not support rsync backup over ssh. You need use rsync module mode.

Re: [Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 29 Aug 2026, 23:26
by yxyx999
TMroy wrote: ↑29 Aug 2026, 09:55 Currently Douple Backup does not support rsync backup over ssh. You need use rsync module mode.
Hi Roy, if I understand you correct, you mean the rsync Backup Tab in the normal Backup Application? I tried it here with the ssh Transmission encryption in Port 22, but this gives me just a generic "Failed to connect to backup destination" pop up window

Re: [Help] Double Backup Issue with Rsync over ssh

Posted: 30 Aug 2026, 09:24
by CursaYang
We need to examine this issue remotely. Please visit the link below and contact our online support team to schedule a remote session:
https://salesiq.zohopublic.com/signatur ... 97d0be8892