Page 5 of 5

Re: TOS 7.0.1169 (x86) Official Release Update

Posted: 23 Sep 2026, 17:48
by EriChan
merlin9876 wrote: ↑23 Sep 2026, 11:24
Thank you very much for updating the thread, and we are glad to hear that your F4-423 is back online and accessible.

From what you described, it is very likely that certain post-update background tasks or processes were running under sustained high load, heavily squeezing system resources and causing core system services to become temporarily unresponsive.

To help our engineering team pinpoint exactly which processes led to this resource contention and optimize future updates to prevent similar issues, Could you send us a system report for analysis?

Thank you again for your feedback and cooperation in helping us continuously improve TOS!

Re: TOS 7.0.1169 (x86) Official Release Update

Posted: 24 Sep 2026, 04:09
by merlin9876
The server is gone again. I'm going bonkers with this. I've actually found that server load is often 85% or more since TOS7 update. So I guess you need the debug logs again for this? I'll try and wait again and see if it comes back. But I can't understand why the system would finally finish it's update tasks, work perfectly well, and then go back to some weird update process... This is not fun, not fun at all...

Re: TOS 7.0.1169 (x86) Official Release Update

Posted: 24 Sep 2026, 04:12
by merlin9876
merlin9876 wrote: ↑24 Sep 2026, 04:09 The server is gone again. I'm going bonkers with this. I've actually found that server load is often 85% or more since TOS7 update. So I guess you need the debug logs again for this? I'll try and wait again and see if it comes back. But I can't understand why the system would finally finish it's update tasks, work perfectly well, and then go back to some weird update process... This is not fun, not fun at all...
Also, I'm looking at the LEDs on the front panel : all HDs LEDs are not flashing, just chilling. So it seems HDs are not used at the moment. But the LAN LED is always flashing...

Re: TOS 7.0.1169 (x86) Official Release Update

Posted: 24 Sep 2026, 16:05
by CursaYang
merlin9876 wrote: ↑24 Sep 2026, 04:12
NAS load is related to multiple factors, including CPU, memory, and hard drive/network transfer. Therefore, we need to analyze it further in combination with the debug log.
Please enable debug mode, and when the issue occurs again and the device restarts, download the debug logs and send them to us.
The debug logs consist of three files: kern.log, syslog, and atop_log. When downloading, please check whether they are being blocked by your browser.

Re: TOS 7.0.1169 (x86) Official Release Update

Posted: 25 Sep 2026, 09:58
by merlin9876
CursaYang wrote: ↑24 Sep 2026, 16:05
merlin9876 wrote: ↑24 Sep 2026, 04:12
NAS load is related to multiple factors, including CPU, memory, and hard drive/network transfer. Therefore, we need to analyze it further in combination with the debug log.
Please enable debug mode, and when the issue occurs again and the device restarts, download the debug logs and send them to us.
The debug logs consist of three files: kern.log, syslog, and atop_log. When downloading, please check whether they are being blocked by your browser.
Hi! Well, well, well. I just had a popup for a server update (which I never had since the update server and app center were always empty/not accessible/disconnected). The server froze again but I downloaded with my PC the latest server update and managed to install it on the server. I am cautiously saying that it seems to have fixed the server issues. It's been about 30 minutes and I can still access it and transfer files. I REALLY do hope this is what was needed with your bug fixes. Thanks!

Re: TOS 7.0.1169 (x86) Official Release Update

Posted: 25 Sep 2026, 21:41
by CursaYang
I am glad to hear this news. Please continue to monitor the NAS's operating status. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.