Page 4 of 4

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 11 Aug 2026, 03:13
by abs1ck
major65 wrote: ↑11 Aug 2026, 02:02 I noticed that the problem related to sound format EAC3 5.1
So, I honestly have no idea what TerraMaster changed there, but I installed Emby 4.10.0.23 beta from the Emby website, changed that line (by the way, I left the space there exactly as it was), and all my libraries, users, and settings came back.

Now I’m not even sure what to do next. :D Should I keep experimenting, uninstall the beta and try the version from the TOS Store again? Or maybe install the stable version from the Emby website instead?

Or should I just leave it alone and stay on the beta since everything is working perfectly now and I’m happy with it?Ā  :D

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 11 Aug 2026, 04:20
by abs1ck
Well, I decided to keep experimenting šŸ˜„

I changed the directory back to the default one, removed the permissions from the system `emby` user, and then uninstalled Emby with the option to remove the configuration as well. The beta version was removed successfully.

Then I installed the **0.02 version from the TOS Store** again, immediately stopped the server, changed the directory to the correct one:

Code: Select all

-programdata $APP_DATA_DIR/Volume1/Emby \
and started the server again.

And, surprisingly, everything came back — and now everything works! Videos play normally and there are no more streaming errors.

So now the question is: what should I do from here? Who actually needs to fix this — TerraMaster or Emby? And is it correct/safe to leave the `programdata` path like this permanently?

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 11 Aug 2026, 19:29
by CursaYang
major65 wrote: ↑11 Aug 2026, 01:53
We need to check this issue remotely. Please visit the link and schedule an appointment with online customer service:

https://salesiq.zoho.com.cn/emailsignat ... cf77e403f5

When scheduling, please include the link to this post.

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 14 Aug 2026, 20:29
by richt
Emby released Beta 4.10.0.24 this week and stated that they had included permission changes provided by TerraMaster. I manually installed that version and it kept the correct configuration folder (/Volume1/Emby) so it appears that issue has been resolved, at least in their beta track. Note that once the Emby beta version is installed, you cannot rollback to the stable version unless you retain un-upgraded copies of the library files. Take a snapshot of /Volume1/Emby in case you want to attempt the switch to beta.

Hardware Transcoding still does not work for Emby and TOS7.

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 08 Sep 2026, 13:24
by Argonautica
Is there any update on this – the version in the App Centre is still showing 4.9.5.0.02

I have just updated TOS to version 7.0.1169

Is there any guidance on whether the permissions issues are fixed with this combination, or is there a pending version for the App Centre with additional fixes from the Emby beta track?

I am holding off installing until I can be sure that I can install the App itself and it's cache folders to an SSD Volume (Volume 2) and link it to the bulk of the media library stored on HDD (Volume 1), with no problems.

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 08 Sep 2026, 14:29
by CursaYang
The current Emby 4.10 version is still in the beta phase. After the official version is released, we will first run internal tests, and only publish and push it to the App Center once the testing has passed.

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 05 Oct 2026, 04:58
by Argonautica
Is there any update on this – the version in the App Centre is still showing 4.9.5.0.02

TOS is now at version 7.0.1278

I believe Emby released stable version 4.10.0.40 about a month ago. The current stable release is 4.10.1.0

Re: Emby Version in AppCenter Needs Update!

Posted: 05 Oct 2026, 09:35
by MikeZhang
The current App Center version remains 4.9.5.0.02; the official team has confirmed that the rollout for version 4.10 is still undergoing testing. The primary bottlenecks involve hardware transcoding compatibility under TOS 7 and data security verification for the upgrade path.
Currently, TOS 7 users successfully running version 4.10 are largely relying on manual installation combined with script modifications or Docker-based solutions. If you prefer not to deal with such workarounds, you will have to wait for the official testing to conclude. We will provide updates as soon as further information becomes available.