Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by Lex »

Andrey wrote: 25 May 2024, 14:40
Сейчас только бетта. Релиза ещё нет.
F4-423
koalakoala

Post by koalakoala »

For some reason, after a few minutes, the OS (6.0.229-00147) kicks me out. When I log in again, I can't see the top bar. The only action available is to right-click with my mouse and access user settings, but this doesn't restore the top bar - not even when using the 'refresh' option.

TM, could you please add an option to reinstate the top bar or fix the refresh button to do so? Thanks!

Additionally, does anyone know how to prevent getting kicked out in the first place? Thanks?
1111.png
MrVanz
Italy

Post by MrVanz »

My upgrade experience from 5.1.131 to 6.0.229-00147 was very smooth, about 12 minutes

1) delete Hyper Cache
2) download the last TOS6 Beta install pack
3) installing it in 6 minutes!
4) create new Hyper Cache

All very well, TM Team resolved the too many bugs in first betas... better wait a little before installing first betas IMO... and TOS6 is a big upgrade!

Mauro
F4-424 Pro with two WD RED PRO 16Tb (TRAID Btfrs) and one WD Black SN770 1Tb
pravetz

Post by pravetz »

Andrey wrote: 25 May 2024, 14:40 Всем добрый день!
Скажите, пожалуйста, на официальном сайте не совсем понял - уже можно скачивать и устанавливать полную версию TOS-6 или еще пока Бета-версия TOS-6? :?:
Это еще Бетта версия.
Nitrokalel
Mexico

Post by Nitrokalel »

Lex wrote: 14 May 2024, 16:51
The same thing happened to me with my 18 TB disks and the curious thing is that with the cough 5 nmo it marks an error
me paso lo mismo con mis discos de 18 tb y lo curioso es que con el tos 5 nmo marca error :oops:
ATT:

Angel Gustavo Navarro Medrano

Director de Proyectos

angel@tiser.com.mx

461 2129 453

https://tiser.com.mx

Tecnología Informática de Servicios
Tribu78
France

TOS5 starting instead of TOS6

Post by Tribu78 »

Good morning

I have a F2-223 with one nvme and 2 HD.
I have installed TOS5 2 weeks ago with only the nvme installed. I then switch off the NAS, installed the 2 HD, and created a TRAID volume / storage pool separated from the nvme.
After 2 weeks I was quite anoid to see that the NAS was still making constant noise, were I was expecting it to be silent running on the NVME ssd.

So I decided to give TOS6 beta a try.
To be sure that it would be installed on the nvme only, I switch off the NAS, removed the 2 HD and install very smoothly TOS6 on the NVME.
I switch again the NAS and reinstalled the 2 HD.
And now, surprise, TOS5 is stating and not TOS 6 ???

I imagine that for a reason or another, TOS5 is installed also on the HD (maybe this is why it was so noisy) and that the HD have a higher priority at system start .

How can I fix this ?
Tribu78
France

Re: TOS5 starting instead of TOS6

Post by Tribu78 »

Tribu78 wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 17:49
I switch again the NAS and reinstalled the 2 HD.
And now, surprise, TOS5 is stating and not TOS 6 ???
Sorry for the typo:

I switch OFF again the NAS and reinstalled the 2 HD.
And now, surprise, TOS5 is STARTING and not TOS 6 ???

Any help would be appreciated!!
usersky
Romania

Post by usersky »

Update an F5-221 with 5x14TB HDDs, no hypercache, 10GB of RAM from 5.1.131 to 6.0.229-00147. It went fast and well. All seems in good order. The only small issue I observed: the option for not logging out automatically after some time is not working. I had to set the timeout interval to 1440minutes and let the option checked, otherwise I found myself logged out automatically after very short periods of inactivity. More that I noticed: when idling, CPU is more stressed than in 5.1.131 (it used to set below 2%, not it jumps constantly from around 3% to 14%. Memory is also more used (less free) so at this point resources seem a bit less efficiently used. That's all for now, I'll report back should more issues arise.

Considering it's a beta, congrats guys for a good job!
Tribu78
France

Re: TOS5 starting instead of TOS6

Post by Tribu78 »

Tribu78 wrote: 01 Jun 2024, 17:49 Any help would be appreciated!!
so I rebooted once again without HD installed, and TOS5 is now running on the nvme SSD , not TOS6 anymore...

Looking at :
viewtopic.php?t=5381

I am now wondering if all my 3 disk (1 nvme and 2 HD) were sharing one replicated boot partition. Restarting the NAS earlier would have caused the HD boots overwriting the SSD one?

I am wondering what is the best option for me to install TOS6 on the nvme beeing the sole user-define system disk.
- upgrading to TOS6 with all 3 disk installed ? Will I be able to chose the nvme as the system disk during the upgrade ? I don't think so.
- installing TOS6 with only the nvme disk installed and then hot installing the 2 HD ?
- should I purchase a second nvme and install it to create a Traid (raid 1?) storage pool on which I will upgrade to TOS6 ?
bretwashere

Post by bretwashere »

samius wrote: 25 May 2024, 20:03
bretwashere wrote: 25 May 2024, 16:55 Just wondering and curious: if you have your disks set up like JBODs, why do you have a NAS? Do use it for Plex and stuff, or for actual file storage? I mean, if one of your discs go down, that would be catastrophic.
And yes, i use it not as NAS, but as a server with little size. dns server, proxy server (shadowsocks), use 3 virtual machines with Windows, Ubuntu, and in addition, as a media server.
Ahhh! Fair enough!

Return to “Update Notice”