Page 2 of 2
Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 26 Sep 2026, 05:32
by Gremlin
rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 02:23
and, slowly, they drag you in deeper .....

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 26 Sep 2026, 06:40
by rfbjr
That's the thing, it was annoyingly challenging to try to get OpenClaw and Ollama to talk to each other.
Now that I'm using a different LLM and that took less than 20min to get it going, now what do I do with it?

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 26 Sep 2026, 15:47
by MikeZhang
rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 06:40
Glad you got it working — and yes, Ollama can be a pain to wire up. Now that you‘re connected, the best place to start is the OpenClaw docs, which cover the main use cases and skills:
https://docs.openclaw.ai
A simple example to try:
Set up a scheduled task that checks a folder every morning and messages you a summary
Or execute scripts, run commands, and read/write files.
Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 26 Sep 2026, 19:11
by rfbjr
MikeZhang wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 15:47
rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 06:40
Glad you got it working — and yes, Ollama can be a pain to wire up. Now that you‘re connected, the best place to start is the OpenClaw docs, which cover the main use cases and skills:
https://docs.openclaw.ai
A simple example to try:
Set up a scheduled task that checks a folder every morning and messages you a summary
Or execute scripts, run commands, and read/write files.
Thank you, I will check this out. I have some ideas, like show all the next run times for all my rsync jobs as well as Cloudsync ones.
Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 26 Sep 2026, 22:24
by rfbjr
MikeZhang wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 15:47
rfbjr wrote: ↑26 Sep 2026, 06:40
Glad you got it working — and yes, Ollama can be a pain to wire up. Now that you‘re connected, the best place to start is the OpenClaw docs, which cover the main use cases and skills:
https://docs.openclaw.ai
A simple example to try:
Set up a scheduled task that checks a folder every morning and messages you a summary
Or execute scripts, run commands, and read/write files.
I didn't read it yet, but is there also some notes about the TOS plugin for OpenClaw? I think it's called a plugin?
Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 27 Sep 2026, 00:45
by rfbjr
I guess this is better than saying (to paraphrase) "I'm sorry Bob, I'm afraid I can't do that"

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 27 Sep 2026, 05:44
by Gremlin
Goodnight HAL.
Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 27 Sep 2026, 06:47
by rfbjr
Regarding that screen shot I posted, can I create any admin account for OpenClaw rather than the master one? If I pretty much give it access to everything will that work? If not that should be changed. If the situation arose I could kill that account and still have a functioning system.
Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 04:12
by rfbjr
Okay not bad.

Re: How to Configure LLM for OpenClaw in TOS
Posted: 29 Sep 2026, 12:05
by TMroy
rfbjr wrote: ↑27 Sep 2026, 06:47
OpenClaw is currently restricted to administrator users only and operates with maximum privileges. Please proceed with caution.