Re: [Help] LAN activity LED constantly blinking (TOS 6)
Posted: 28 Sep 2026, 00:51
UPDATE:
I managed to install tcpdump on the NAS and I captured the traffic directly from the console when idle. This avoids any traffic generated by the https or SSH sessions. I monitored myself live for a bit and also made a capture file.
I ran tcpdump -i eth0 -s 0 -w "directory and filename"
Pcap sample here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qfm0-b ... sp=sharing
There are instances where it goes 5-10 seconds without any packet. Without the active https or SSH sessions it captured only 45 packets in roughly 87 seconds. Even with the per-packet blinking assumption it seems like I should be noticing some off time in the LED status.
I managed to install tcpdump on the NAS and I captured the traffic directly from the console when idle. This avoids any traffic generated by the https or SSH sessions. I monitored myself live for a bit and also made a capture file.
I ran tcpdump -i eth0 -s 0 -w "directory and filename"
Pcap sample here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qfm0-b ... sp=sharing
There are instances where it goes 5-10 seconds without any packet. Without the active https or SSH sessions it captured only 45 packets in roughly 87 seconds. Even with the per-packet blinking assumption it seems like I should be noticing some off time in the LED status.