More Feature Rich Resource Monitor (processes)

Discussion of applications not mentioned above.
JayBlingham

More Feature Rich Resource Monitor (processes)

Post by JayBlingham »

Hi. My suggestion here would be to add a bit more functionality to the Resource Monitor/Process screen.

Today when you open it, it appears the default sort is on name, descending. This particular sort, at least in my experience, isn't terribly useful. That being said, the default sort wouldn't really be an issue if you could properly sort by other metrics such as CPU or Memory - but when you try to do this, the sort lasts for such a short time before the data refreshes and returns you to the Name sort. This makes it difficult when/if you're troubleshooting and trying to figure out what is using a lot of CPU or Memory (especially if the high usage is causing your system to lag).

What I would love to see is the following:
- Option to change/set default sort column.
- Click on a header to sort as it does today, but retain sort while data is refreshing.
- Option to temporarily disable the automatic refresh.

While I understand I could SSH to a command line and perform most of the above with the TOP command, I believe these changes would help to make the process list more useful in the GUI.

Thanks!
Jay
---------------------------------------
F5-221, 5.0.171-00221
---------------------------------------
TMS
TerraMaster Team

Re: More Feature Rich Resource Monitor (processes)

Post by TMS »

Good suggestion, we might consider it .
To contact our tech team, please email to support(at)terra-master.com, remember to replace (at) with @