Big Sur

RAID storage for video editing professionals or who care much about the speed
daily2500

Re: Big Sur

Post by daily2500 »

The https://www.highpoint-tech.com/websupport/ are looking into this too.
Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience, currently our testing department is actively testing the driver, I will add you to our test customer database, if there is any news, I will notify you as soon as possible

Thank you
I've installed the current drivers as suggested by TerraMaster. My D5 thunderbolt has been slowly rebuilding the array doing 1% per day, failing and restarting it each time.
daily2500

Post by daily2500 »

All, the HighPoint RR team have released the new driver and the installation guide. I've added it to dropbox to download it for testing as it was posted in my support ticket. https://www.dropbox.com/s/u3rj6amomlwxb ... 4.png?dl=0
It's important to follow the instructions as it depends on your mac if it has the T2 chip.

Will be testing it later today.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ocvwy017oaz7 ... 5ajla?dl=0
lucasprbanking

Post by lucasprbanking »

You’re a legend. Thanks for posting the new driver here. I just installed the driver but haven’t started testing the D5 yet. Has it been working well for you? Thanks again for posting the driver here
daily2500

Post by daily2500 »

No probs! I've installed the new drivers on an iMac 2019 since yesterday and the array has been rebuilding and not continuously failing like it used to. The D5's array has reached 8% now, about 1-4% of progress each day. It also doesn't have the icon anymore saying one of the drives has an error which the old driver did, even though there was nothing wrong.
Will keep everyone posted on how it goes.
lucasprbanking

Post by lucasprbanking »

Yeah, sounds accurate for 70tb. My array is 50tb (40tb usable in raid 5) and the rebuild took 30 hours once I rolled the MacBook to Catalina. I actually returned the MacBook yesterday and only have iMac Pro running Big Sur left so I’m hoping the new driver is stable. Once my rebuild finished, the raid was stable in Catalina for a day or two so this sounds promising since your hasn’t been failing the rebuild since the new drivers were installed. Thanks again, I will update once I get to test the raid in Big Sur with the new drivers.
dabuchho

Post by dabuchho »

Have tried these latest drivers with my D5 on my Mac Mini Late 2018 and it works for about 6-8 hours before it completely shuts down again with a critical failure state. This is after the rebuild had completed. Would be interested to see if anyone else has completed rebuild and seen the same issues? Before these drivers it would fail in 45-60 minutes, so it is longer but having the same issue.
lucasprbanking

Post by lucasprbanking »

Damn, that is terrible news. I’ve installed the new drivers and have made a few test transfers (1.5tbs of fcpx projects) and so far no issues here. However, I’ve been ejecting the D5 after the transfers are complete since I’m still nervous about another failure. Sounds like I’ll just have to wait around for a solid fix. Quite unfortunate since this system sure isn’t cheap and should have better support than we’re experiencing.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

The TerraMaster official new driver has not been released yet.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
daily2500

Post by daily2500 »

dabuchho wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 01:20 Have tried these latest drivers with my D5 on my Mac Mini Late 2018 and it works for about 6-8 hours before it completely shuts down again with a critical failure state. This is after the rebuild had completed. Would be interested to see if anyone else has completed rebuild and seen the same issues? Before these drivers it would fail in 45-60 minutes, so it is longer but having the same issue.
Since the 19th November the array has been rebuilding the 70TB drive and it's at 52%. Will wait until it's done to further stress test the D5.
lucasprbanking

Post by lucasprbanking »

daily2500 wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 18:58
dabuchho wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 01:20 Have tried these latest drivers with my D5 on my Mac Mini Late 2018 and it works for about 6-8 hours before it completely shuts down again with a critical failure state. This is after the rebuild had completed. Would be interested to see if anyone else has completed rebuild and seen the same issues? Before these drivers it would fail in 45-60 minutes, so it is longer but having the same issue.
Since the 19th November the array has been rebuilding the 70TB drive and it's at 52%. Will wait until it's done to further stress test the D5.
I can't believe your array is still rebuilding. Here is an update from my experience with the new drivers:

I have had no errors or failures since installing the new drivers. However, I have been ejecting the D5 when not in active use. It's is a work drive so I can't afford to have to rebuild it again. Would be interesting to see how other's are coping with these issues.