Working HDMI output for F4-421

Tell us your most wanted new features, or recommendation.
drakey83
United States of America

Working HDMI output for F4-421

Post by drakey83 »

I really wish TerraMaster would enable the desktop to display through a monitor connected directly to the unit through HDMI instead of just the debugger screen.
vichi95

Re: Working HDMI output for F4-421

Post by vichi95 »

Good
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

presumably this would only be useful to troubleshoot connectivity issues?

out of interest what would you actually want to do with it if it was connected to a display? i assume you would also want to connect a keyboard and a mouse to it also?
F2-210

drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

Well you would be able to directly log into TOS and hopefully they would release some apps that would work good for a direct connected screen like a build in media viewer and movie viewer. I honestly just think a useful HDMI monitor would look cool mounted in my server closet and I feel like the fact that the HDMI is available on the hardware of my NAS but not really functional is kinda a waste. You could easily plug a wireless keyboard mouse combo into the NAS to navigate the OS directly.
sianderson
Great Britain

Post by sianderson »

maybe im just old fashioned a NAS drive is a NAS drive and this is what its purpose should be

you are trying to turn the nas drive into a fully fledged computer which will bloat the Nas drive and more than likely cause lots of instabilities with the OS and it wasnt its purpose, but i guess at the end of the day im not TerraMaster so i have no official response just my own personal thoughts
F2-210

drakey83
United States of America

Post by drakey83 »

Not sure how it would bloat it, they already have a UI for the OS that we login to from our phones or computers, the only additional code they would need to add would be to pass the video signal to the already present HDMI port. Anything else that people don't want, as they only want the old school NAS experience, could just be optional apps through the apps store. So no bloatware would really be needed if you ask me.