D2-310 cannot work correctly

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
imnotmt

D2-310 cannot work correctly

Post by imnotmt »

I have 2 WD purple 4TB.
I am not sure when my D2-310 start not working properly. It was set to RAID 0 mode. It worked perfectly with high read/write speed. 2 lights are green. I usually turn it off after not in use.

Last month its lights became 1 green and 1 blinking yellow. I read the manual and knew that is synchronizing data from disk 1 to disk 2. But after 1 night I found the lights became 1 green and 1 yellow (not blinking. almost yellow, just like switching between 0.6 second yellow and 0.6 second green)

I tried hot/cool restarting both computer and D2-310 but no luck for many times.
I tried 2 PC and 1 NUC, same lights behaviors.
I tried installing a newly bought WD purple 4TB to slot 2, same lights behaviors.
I tried reinstall intel chips drivers. it did not work.

I tried to troubleshoot and found something:
If 2 disks are installed, the copy speed would drop to almost 0 bytes/s randomly in RAID 1 and Single mode. In RAID 0 mode, the copy could not continue and after error occur, the disk would be unrecognized by my computer.
Just like only one disk got power when 2 disks are installed.

Here are some screenshots for the copy testing:
The D2-310 was reset and drive was re-initialized before all the testings.
All the tests were copying 1 same file of which size is about 2.5 GB from internal disk to D2-310.

(Kindly ignore the language in the screenshots. I changed the Windows 10 to English after some tests while I realized it is more proper.)
In Single Mode, only 1 disk is installed, D2-310 worked correctly:
single_1_drive.png
single_1_drive.png (12.9 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
In RAID 0 mode, only 1 disk is installed, D2-310 worked correctly:
raid0_1_drive.png
raid0_1_drive.png (11.76 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
So I confirmed that my computer and usb cable has no issue.

In Single Mode, 2 disk are installed, D2-310 not worked correctly:
single_2_drives.png
single_2_drives.png (13.78 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
In RAID 0 Mode, copy speed drop to 0 bytes/s and error occur.
raid0_during_copy.png
raid0_during_copy.png (11.23 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
raid0_failed.png
raid0_failed.png (20.79 KiB) Viewed 2550 times
After error, the disk became uninitialized:
raid0_after_copy.png
Before copy, the disk is 8 TB:
raid0_before_copy.png
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: D2-310 cannot work correctly

Post by TMroy »

Your drive #2 got faulty, please replace it with a new one.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
imnotmt

Post by imnotmt »

TMroy wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 14:28 Your drive #2 got faulty, please replace it with a new one.
Thanks for the suggest.
As I mentioned, I already bought a new one and replaced drive #2, same behavior.
imnotmt wrote: 29 Aug 2020, 12:46 I tried installing a newly bought WD purple 4TB to slot 2, same lights behaviors.
And I forgot to mentioned, The copy test result of Drive #2 in slot 2 is as good as drive #1 in slot 1 when only 1 disk is installed. So both WD disks should be good.
I already backup all the files from drive #1 to my newly bought WD purple 4TB. So I believed the reading for drive #1 has totally no issue.
When 2 drives are installed in Single Mode, no matter I copy from internal disk to drive #1 or #2, the copy speed would randomly drop.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Please be remember, if you want the device mode work from RAID 0 to single mode, you have to modify your raid configuration before it can work properly. To modify your raid mode, please keep the device powered on, rotate the switch to your desired raid mode on the rear side of the device, and press and keep the RESET button for 5 seconds to make the newly set riad take effect.

if you have issue during setting your raid mode, please refer to following troubleshooting:viewtopic.php?f=67&t=450
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
imnotmt

Post by imnotmt »

Yes, I understood the steps clearly. All the test were based on reset and disk re-initialization.