Proxmox 8.2 Fail results in Windows 11 BSOD

USB RAID storage for photographers, music producers, movie collectors
sardox
Great Britain

Proxmox 8.2 Fail results in Windows 11 BSOD

Post by sardox »

Hi,

In summary: After connecting to Windows 11 in Proxmox, plugging in the D5300C now crashes any Windows 11.

I was setting up a Windows 11 inside Proxmox and wanted to connect my trusted D5 300C. I've used the caddy as 5 single disks for 4 years perhaps, without issue. In the W11 VM, only 1 of 5 of the disks were displayed in explorer. I restarted W11 & the caddy and then 2 disks appeared in Windows. I performed a lsusb in ProxMox and 4 USB disk-like (they indicated Toshiba disk, which I do not have) with the same host id = 0480:a006. I thought it must be a bug in Proxmox so abandoned that idea. I later connected the caddy to a Windows 11 laptop & it crashed as soon as the disks had span up. I tried another PC running Windows 11 & the same. If I remove all disks from the caddy, Windows does not crash.

I've since removed the disks from the caddy & inserted them in a single caddy & they are fine & the data is intact.

What is happening to my caddy? Has Proxmox somehow affected the USB controller?

Is there a way of resetting the caddy?

Ideas for resolving this are very welcome. I'm not bothered about Proxmox, I just do not want Windows to crash!
Attachments
Not showing all disks in caddy (in Proxmox host)
Not showing all disks in caddy (in Proxmox host)
Proxmox shell commands
Proxmox shell commands
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Proxmox 8.2 Fail results in Windows 11 BSOD

Post by TMroy »

We are not sure what has happened with your Proxmox or Windows 11, but we hope other users can provide you with some suggestions.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: Proxmox 8.2 Fail results in Windows 11 BSOD

Post by TMzethar »

There may be a problem of old system boot files causing crash. You can try replacing the disk or formatting it.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “USB Series”