10gbe port not active in TOS 5 for F4-422

The discussion here is limited to topics related to the system update itself. Please post the functional issues after the system update to the corresponding other forums.
inafaracutiei
Romania

10gbe port not active in TOS 5 for F4-422

Post by inafaracutiei »

Hello dear devs,

Is there a reason why the 10gbe port is not active in TOS 5, i see this as quite a bug, as i'm stuck with just two 1gbe ports? And now the 10gbe port show as PPOE port which is absurd. Let me know if there is something i need to enable inside the GUI or if there is any release that fixes this Issue. I'm using the latest update 5.1.131. This is quite troublesome as i bought this NAS for its 10gbe capability for working directly on it. Now its just a simple media device. Even my Usb drives are faster than it. I can't even sell it to buy something new since the 10gbe port is out, quick F!@#ed up.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-05-26 235705.png
inafaracutiei
Romania

Re: 10gbe port not active in TOS 5 for F4-422

Post by inafaracutiei »

anyone around here?

Do i really need to go through the hassle of wiping everything out just to try TOS 6, or even install TrueNas instead of the current OS? I mean come on, you're basically bricking your storage devices and leave users in the air due to probably incorrect setup of the network adapters in OS.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

inafaracutiei wrote: 27 May 2024, 18:20
Please check if your system configuration meets the requirements for updating to TOS 5.1.
viewtopic.php?t=6124
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
inafaracutiei
Romania

Post by inafaracutiei »

i have F4-422 its in the list of supported NAS. Your update bricked the 10gbe port. So when are you going to fix it. Lets not revolve around the question. Why is the 10gbe set as PPPOE? and when are you going to make a proper update to fix it?
inafaracutiei
Romania

Post by inafaracutiei »

In the the email support helped me to find a good solution and it was to do a fresh install of the latest version that is now : 5.1.131 but without updates. So defaulting the OS and manually updating the OS with the version above. I hope it helps anyone else in this situation.
The issue was that updating from TOS 4 to 5 and then to the latest version the appropriate drivers work not loaded properly. So it needed a fresh install.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

I think it's caused by the failure of system update. The reason for the failure is that the system partition space is less than 8G, resulting in incomplete update. Even if you manually reinstall it to 5.1.131 now, if your system partition is still 2GB, your system may have operational failure in the near future.

I suggest you carefully read the update requirements.
viewtopic.php?t=6124
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
inafaracutiei
Romania

Post by inafaracutiei »

You are probably right, but the only reason i've updated was random daily shutdowns out of nowhere(and i've checked all from fans to temps, to noises and HDDs), 5.1 update fixed my random shutdown issues. So right now my 10gbe is active and working. But you should do a step by step tutorial for noobs like me to maybe extend the partition to 8gb, instead of just piecing together 10s of thread responses from all over the place. I'm sure most people would rather have a solution instead of wiping the whole raid just to extend a partition. Maybe even a bloody tool for that purporse.

For me it won't matter, i'm already piecing together a custom NAS, i'm sick of solutions like these, no matter the company, where you just buy a NAS and in 2 years becomes a brick because of no upgradability or bad updating OS.

An 8 HDD custom solution with a OpenSource OS with my current HDDs and SSD cache, 10gbe networking, is less than 500euros so good luck beating that price point.

Thanks,

Return to “System Update”