Plex - Photos Not Displaying from photo folder on Terramaster Nas

Photo, music, video management; Video streaming, decoding, transcoding.
detritusuk
Great Britain

Plex - Photos Not Displaying from photo folder on Terramaster Nas

Post by detritusuk »

Hello,

Wondering if you could help.

I am running Plex and one of the libraries I have points to my Terrasmaster F5-422 which is populated with 5 x 16TB hard drives in RAID 6.

The terrmaster also has my library of movie, music and some photo data. In this instance, I wanted to run three different libraries for photo's. Two of those work as I would expect. The third isnt populating with any photo information. I have chosen the path using the edit libraries function in plex so the path is correct. I have given read write access to each of the individual users on TOS for the shared folder (except Guest). I have compared what is offered to for another shared folder that works as expected. That seems fine. All shares are on Volume1.

Can you suggest why I am not seeing what I should?

As a test, I set up a shared folder on its own drive as I did for Terrmaster on another NAS and the information is showing as it should on Plex. I could use this but my preference is for this share to appear on the terramaster.

Thanks

Stephen
TMqiky

Re: Plex - Photos Not Displaying from photo folder on Terramaster Nas

Post by TMqiky »

It can be caused by many reasons. Here are some steps to troubleshoot and resolve the issue:

1. Check library settings:
Make sure you have set up the library correctly, including the correct scan type (such as "Include all subfolders").
Verify that the library is set to "Photos" and not another type (such as "Movies" or "TV Shows").

2. Check file compatibility:
Make sure your photos are in a format that Plex supports.
If possible, try moving some photos to folders in other libraries that are working fine and see if they display correctly there.

3. Check for disk and file system errors:
Check the status of the RAID array to make sure there are no hard drive failures or that a rebuild is in progress.
Make sure there is enough disk space on the NAS.

4. View Plex logs:
Plex's log files may contain clues as to why the library is not being scanned or populated correctly.

5. Rescan the library:
Manually rescan the library in Plex to see if that helps resolve the issue.

6. Update software:
Make sure your Plex Media Server and TOS are up to date.

If none of the above steps can solve the problem, contact the official online customer service to schedule an engineer to check it remotely for you.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
detritusuk
Great Britain

Re: Plex - Photos Not Displaying from photo folder on Terramaster Nas

Post by detritusuk »

1. Check library settings:
Make sure you have set up the library correctly, including the correct scan type (such as "Include all subfolders").
Verify that the library is set to "Photos" and not another type (such as "Movies" or "TV Shows").
Check - It is Photo library.

2. Check file compatibility:
Make sure your photos are in a format that Plex supports.
If possible, try moving some photos to folders in other libraries that are working fine and see if they display correctly there.
Check - Works on another Nas as library so file system is not the issue.

3. Check for disk and file system errors:
Check the status of the RAID array to make sure there are no hard drive failures or that a rebuild is in progress.
Make sure there is enough disk space on the NAS.
Check - Plenty of space on NAS. No other roperations. All other media operates fine.

4. View Plex logs:
Plex's log files may contain clues as to why the library is not being scanned or populated correctly.
- Couldnt fine anything that relates to photos in logs.

5. Rescan the library:
Manually rescan the library in Plex to see if that helps resolve the issue.
Check - Done multiple times.

6. Update software:
Make sure your Plex Media Server and TOS are up to date.
Check - already been done.

Return to “DLNA/Multimedia Services”