running out of space for a full tfss restore ??

TFSS (TerraMaster File System Snapshot) is a disaster recovery tool developed based on the BTRFS file system. By taking advantage of the characteristics of the file system to take a snapshot of the entire file system of the TNAS device, it can avoid data loss due to wrong operations or ransomware attacks.
jwills70

running out of space for a full tfss restore ??

Post by jwills70 »

TERRAMASTER T9-423 9-Bay High Performance NAS for SMB with N5095 Quad-core CPU, 8GB DDR4 Memory, 2x 2.5GbE Ports,Network Storage Server (Diskless)

Tos 5.167

ok i have tried to use snapshot to do file system snapshot
file to recover my system as I had problems with my terra master nas not being able to excess the internet and deleted some files
I clicked on backup on my desktop then file system snapshot then restore

I have know noticed all my usb drives attached are showing empty all 15 the nas took a snapshot before restore started then seen all 15 USB drives empty (216tb) as well as the terramaster but this still says there's 98tb being used somewhere

it is showing it took a snapshot before the recovery and locked it
whilst the one I am restoring it from 5/6/2024 is showing restoring

I have 15 USB hard drives attached to the nas and 130tb storage on the nas

it has so far deleted everything on the nas and seems to be in the process of restoring the 110tb files except I don't have 110tb of space as its showing still 95tb used but the folder is empty on connecting to it

my nas is still showing 110tb space used and files are being restored but all 15 USB are showing as empty with the full amount of space is free

will the snapshot restore the data on the USB hard drives as well or have I lost all 15 hard drive of data ?? ( currently unplugged all external USB as was told by someone else and apparently the files would be gone ) but may be able to get something back through recovery software

ok follow on
ok it started to restore the data the it appears it was doing a TFSS restore a snapshot of the file system. Unsure how I managed but still it wiped all 15 usb hard drives 216tb with no warning it was going to do this
upon clicking on the nas from windows it still showed 130tb with 30tb spare and files started to appear as they once was but then when I checked 4 hrs later there was about 10tb restored but my hard drive space had dropped from 98gb used to 108tb used and only 22gb spare

at this rate it would run out of space before it could be all be restored I could not cancel it or get the system to reboot so I pulled the plug and got it to restart as I seen another post where the same thing happened and after a few days it was just restoring 0bytes because the drive was used right up and put it into a read only state

so where do I go from here it showing it took a snapshot just before the restore and usb disks wiped

do I have to do this restore in kk pic attached or do I leave the usb unplugged ??
do I need to wipe somehow volume 1 so I get the space back for the restore to have enough space ?? or what ?? have no ideas if I can just get the files back that are probably still there
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
kk.jpg

Return to “TFSS”