F4-220 No LED LAN Light, all 4 RED HDD Lights

Topics about hardware platform, power, memory, UPS, network adapter
danno10000
Canada

F4-220 No LED LAN Light, all 4 RED HDD Lights

Post by danno10000 »

I have a number of posts regarding this issue.

Mine config/issues are:

1. Updated the F4-220 a few days ago. It is on TOS version 5.1.67, BIOS is at 5.6.5
2. During a backup process the system hung, LAN light went out, all HDD lights turned RED
3. Could no longer see TNAS on my network. Freaked out.......
4. Researched it and determined, MAYBE the USB firmware chip was destroyed, ordered a new one on Amazon.
5. Install new USB, no go. Could not see system on my network.
6. Went through the UBUNTU process on a windows PC. I assumed I flashed to USB again.
7. Put the new USB in TNAS. Turned it on, lights looked the same (LAN off/HDD RED).
8. But now the TNAS shows up on my network!
9. One volume appears to be populated with data, but it now only shows as recycled. I can't open it because it says I don't have permissions. But I am the admin. Is this volume lost?
10. The other mirrored volume is in the process of being of rebuilding itself. Slow process so I'll wait a day or so.

I have another 2 Bay TNAS on the same TOS version and is running perfectly.

Any comments from those more knowledgeable would be appreciated.
danno10000
Canada

Re: F4-220 No LED LAN Light, all 4 RED HDD Lights

Post by danno10000 »

UPDATE: I feel like a dummy. I noticed my "/" folder is only 2 GB. I need to rebuild.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: F4-220 No LED LAN Light, all 4 RED HDD Lights

Post by TMzethar »

Hi, you can refer to this:
viewtopic.php?t=4912

In addition, older models of individual batches may have a problem with all LEDs turning red, but otherwise everything is fine.
If you can't stand the red LEDs, you might consider trying to reinstall or follow back the old TOS4.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Hardware, Power and Accessories”