Cannot Repair Degraded TRAID

RAID, Volume, storage pool, hard drive, USB, SSD cache and iSCSI LUN
Bretta78

Cannot Repair Degraded TRAID

Post by Bretta78 »

I have the F4-423 running TOS 5.1.123-00529, purchased in December 2023.
Storage Pool 1 is comprised of 4 x 16tb drives in TRAID configuration.
Drive 2 dropped out of the Storage Pool, causing the Storage Pool application to show the RAID as Degraded and to start generating alerts.
The hard drive application shows the drive as Healthy.
I tried to Repair the Storage Pool, and am able to select Drive 2, but when I reach the final step of the Repair wizard, Configuration Saved is displayed on the screen, but nothing happens.... the RAID doesn't start to repair, the drive is still not allocated to the storage pool, and I am still left with my RAID in a degraded state.
I have tried repairing using the original 16tb drive that was in the Drive 2 slot (as it still reports as healthy), and a brand new 16tb drive (which is also detected fine and displays as healthy). Using either drive gives the exact same result - nothing happens at completion of the Repair wizard.

Any suggestions on how to get Repair to work would be appreciated.
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Cannot Repair Degraded TRAID

Post by TMroy »

I'm sorry to tell you that the disk health monitoring tool in TOS 5 sometimes cannot accurately reflect the actual health condition of the disk. This function has been improved in TOS 6. Please try to use other tools to check the health condition of the disk. If you confirm that the disk is in good condition, please export a system log and send it to the support email.

To generate a system report:
TOS > Help and support > Report Issue > Generate report
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Storage”