Can't access "homes" folder via SMB

SMB, NFS, AFP, FTP, web file manager and Rsync server.
davestavros
Virgin Islands (USA)

Can't access "homes" folder via SMB

Post by davestavros »

My F2-223 died after 3 months. I was able to take the two HDDs out and I bought a F2-212 to try to get the files off the drives.

After installing the drives, the F2-212 repaired the array and the files are now accessible via the terramaster web UI. The problem is that they have been put into a directory called "homes" that I cannot access via SMB. I can copy the files into my user folder using the terramaster file manager, but it seems to copy them at the write speed of the HDD instead of just remapping where they are. The files are also duplicated so there isn't enough space on the HDDs to even copy them to my user folder.

I don't see any way of assigning a folder in "homes" to a user and there is no way to move the files. Basically, there is no way to get to my files.

How can I fix this? Thanks for whoever can help.
TMLyy
TerraMaster Team

Re: Can't access "homes" folder via SMB

Post by TMLyy »

SMB itself cannot see the homes folder and can only view it in the file manager.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
davestavros
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by davestavros »

TMLyy wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 22:09 SMB itself cannot see the homes folder and can only view it in the file manager.
So how do I get to the files? You have just repeated what I said. What is the point of a NAS if you can't access your files?
davestavros
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by davestavros »

This is nuts. I think the only way I can get the files off the nas is take the HDDs out and try them in an enclosure or something. I bought a USB HDD and plugged it in and now I can't install USB Copy (it fails every time) and the external USB HDD doesn't show up in file manager.

And support helped by repeating the issue that I described... Really terrible experience from Terramaster. The F2-212 is going back and I'll buy a NAS from a proper brand even if it costs more.
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

You should have bought another ×86 Terra-Master TNAS, not an ARM based TNAS to make the move.

Your mixing of ARM & ×86 TOS installations has likely caused the issue you are having with the accounts and services.

Since you have managed to get your data off through other means, just return the 212 and move to whatever you think will fit your needs in a NAS.
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

davestavros wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 07:20
There is no way between x86 and ARM machines. If they are the same x86 devices, data can be transferred through the DupleBackup application.

Return to “File Services”