Slow Login in TOS 5.1 WebGUI F4-424 Pro

IPv4/6, Port, VPN, proxy, SSH, remote access and more.
Skunny
United States of America

Slow Login in TOS 5.1 WebGUI F4-424 Pro

Post by Skunny »

I reinstalled TOS 5.1 and now it takes about 45 seconds to log into the web interface. What could be causing this?

F4-424 Pro
TMRyan
TerraMaster Team
China

Re: Slow Login in TOS 5.1 WebGUI F4-424 Pro

Post by TMRyan »

Is your hard drive synchronizing the array? Is your hard drive on our compatibility list?
Compatibility list: https://www.terra-master.com/global/compatibility/
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement)
Skunny
United States of America

Post by Skunny »

I don't think the hard drives are syncing with the array. The array was set up before I reinstalled the OS. Support stepped in to help with the OS reinstall because it was going to erase the existing array. They remotely accessed my system using TeamViewer, performed some SSH commands, and resolved the issue, allowing me to reinstall the OS while keeping my data. Additionally, I encountered an issue yesterday when I rebooted the NAS, which has apps installed on an SSD volume. The share for this volume disappeared after the reboot, but the volume was still there. I uninstalled Plex and USB Copy, then reinstalled them to the same volume, which resolved the issue and recovered the previous configuration data, allowing both apps to function correctly. I haven't rebooted the unit again to see if the issue recurs.
Skunny
United States of America

Post by Skunny »

Now, when I enter my password in the web GUI, it takes 45 seconds and then goes back to the password prompt, preventing me from logging in. However, I can still log in via SSH and access the SMB shares from Windows.
Skunny
United States of America

Post by Skunny »

Unplugging the USB hard drive used for backups resolved the login problems.
Skunny
United States of America

Post by Skunny »

now the whole system is crashed and getting. Nothing but issues with this system. I took a chance with Terramaster but it was the wrong choice
TMroy
TerraMaster Team
China

Post by TMroy »

Skunny wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 02:00
If your system is responding slowly or crashing with low system load, it could indicate hardware failure. If disk issues are ruled out, the problem likely lies elsewhere. Begin by ruling out disk failure: remove all disks, reinstall the system on a new one, and check for persistent issues. If problems persist, contact customer service for a replacement. However, ensuring disk functionality is crucial; otherwise, replacing the device may not solve the problem.

You can use TOS's built-in benchmark for a disk performance test to confirm disk health before proceeding with further troubleshooting.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Support team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support only)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)

Return to “Network & Remote Access”