iSCSI problem, is it the port?

Discussion about iSCSI Target.
Drestinnuttin
Canada

iSCSI problem, is it the port?

Post by Drestinnuttin »

Problem connecting to iSCSi on terramaster. From the config, it looks to be set to use port 3260. netstat on terramaster doesn't show 3260 listening.

Video demonstrating target and LUN creation as well as absence of listener: https://www.loom.com/share/5ce36fceefd3 ... cd403ed44c

What other data can I provide to troubleshoot?

Trying to use iSCSI as a shared datastore among a few ESX servers.
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Re: iSCSI problem, is it the port?

Post by TMzethar »

It seems like one version of TOS5. What is the specific version number?
Generally speaking, once you enable the iSCSIs service, it will continue to listen to port 3260.
In the current situation, it is difficult to determine the cause of the problem.
If you are using an older version of TOS or the iSCSIManager app, perhaps you can try updating or reinstalling to the latest version.
Just in case, if your TNAS is an older model,please take a look at this:viewtopic.php?t=4912
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
Drestinnuttin
Canada

Post by Drestinnuttin »

Thanks, I did see that post after posting this help request and have tried to perform the manual update but it fails. It uploads succesfully, but never gets past 0% on system update and eventually errors out with the message "Failed to update"

I am running 5.1.67 on an f5-421. kernel is Linux club-9 5.15.59 #229 SMP

The iSCSIManager app is the current version. Have reinstalled from the online store.
MNitson
Australia

Post by MNitson »

I am having the exact same problem.
Model: F4-421
TOS version: TOS_X642.0_5.0.176

It was working fine on this TOS version and I have not changed TOS version.

It is possible that it stopped working when iSCSI Manager version was updated.

How do I get an earlier version of iSCSI Manager to test?
TMgevin

Post by TMgevin »

MNitson wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 21:14
You can modify the port in the settings of the iSCSI application, then disable and enable the application and try again. If it still doesn't work properly, you can contact us for remote assistance or provide an older version of the application.
MNitson
Australia

Post by MNitson »

SOLVED
On my Model: F4-421 running TOS version: TOS_X642.0_5.0.176

The latest version of iSCSI Manager v2.5.75 does not work as it does not created the listener on port 3260.

I manually installed an earlier version of iSCSI Manager v2.5.71 and it's working again.
Here is the link to v2.5.71 http://dl.terra-master.com/cn/APP5.1_X6 ... x86_64.tpk

Make sure you don't update when Application Manager shows there is an update.
MNitson
Australia

Post by MNitson »

TMgevin wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 21:40
MNitson wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 21:14
You can modify the port in the settings of the iSCSI application, then disable and enable the application and try again. If it still doesn't work properly, you can contact us for remote assistance or provide an older version of the application.
The port number is not the problem, it doesn't matter what port you select and how many times you disable and enable, it doesn't create the listener and therefore you cannot connect.

Obviously a problem with iSCSI Manager v2.5.75 because v2.5.71 works as expected.
TMeric
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMeric »

MNitson wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 23:17
Thank you for your information. We will verify this issue in the laboratory.

Return to “iSCSI Target”