The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Official news about TOS, mobile app, PC app updates or beta releases
bretwashere

Re: The TOS 6 Beta Is Now Available for Public Testing

Post by bretwashere »

Hello,

Sorry it took so long for me to be able to spend time with beta testing TOS 6, as I know the mods here really went out of their way to get me access to the beta program.

So for the most part, it runs as well as any beta does. I do notice placeholders and "token" fields that will probably be populated as TOS 6 gets near completion. But there is one odd but I wanted to report here:

Upon upgrading from 6.0.217 to 6.0.229, I noticed several items in Settings returning to default. A few that come to mind were the power settings and the Media Index settings. Other things like File services were in tact.

So on to the terrible bug: I enabled TNAS Remote Access and chose the North American server just fine. Upon saving the changed, the entire UI locked up. I attempted to SSH, and that took so long that aborted out of logging in. I refreshed the browser, and checked the XHR requested, and as the page didn't time out, there was something causing nginx to have a high level of latency. The TOS UI only showed the background image, without any other elements. (screenshot attached) I attempted SSH again, and it took about four minutes to get in. Upon logging in, the 5 minute old average was above 30 (screenshot with redactions attached). I wasn't able to get the service responsible, because by the time I logged in to ssh and ran top, the issue cleared. The logging is not standard to me, so I am not sure what log you would want from me. It also seems that some logs are truncated upon run level 6 or system halt. Please let me know if there any data that I can provide to assist.
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 3.04.47 PM.jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 3.04.17 PM.jpg
DizConnected
United States of America

Post by DizConnected »

The new update 6.0.229 fixed my with not being able to create a Hyper Cache. I was able to create the Hyper Cache and all is working great now. Thanks for the fast updates!
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

bretwashere wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 03:21
We will verify and keep an eye on relevant issues.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Technical team: support(at)terra-master.com (for technical support)
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

No similar situation has been confirmed.
Perhaps it is related to your previous TOS5 update operation. It is difficult to confirm the issue now.
To contact our team, please send email to following addresses, remember to replace (at) with @:
Service team: service(at)terra-master.com (for purchasing, return, replacement, RMA service)
crisisacting

Post by crisisacting »

TMzethar wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 10:47
EthanAnderson is a bot; ban them.
TMeric
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMeric »

crisisacting wrote: 20 Apr 2024, 02:05
Thanks for your feedback, this user has been banned.
bretwashere

Post by bretwashere »

TMzethar wrote: 18 Apr 2024, 10:47
No similar situation has been confirmed.
Perhaps it is related to your previous TOS5 update operation. It is difficult to confirm the issue now.
Hello. I forgot to post this in my original post. I did a full initialization on my NVM Drive, removing TOS 5.1.123, and then installing the beta version of TOS 6. That being said, I don't believe the upgrade would have caused this issue, as I didn't upgrade TOS. Is there anything you would like me to provide, like logs?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

bretwashere wrote: 22 Apr 2024, 13:07
After the problem reoccurs, please collect a system report from the technical support issue feedback section before shutting down. Send it to our technical support email through the sharing link for preliminary inspection.
eulero

Post by eulero »

Ciao,
when I try to update to TOS 6 i receive a message "your system partition is less than 8gb ....." and my update fail.
I have the last TOS5 version (5.1.123).
What I have to do?
TMzethar
TerraMaster Team

Post by TMzethar »

eulero wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 15:49
Perhaps your system partition is still small (although it is generally unlikely that old and small system partitions can use TOS 5.1123), or the available capacity of the system partition is insufficient.
Please open Control Panel - Resource Monitoring and check the capacity usage of "/".

Return to “Update Notice”